Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Whistler in 2 weeks. Anyone have any advice as to whether it's necessary/prudent to reserve a rental bike in advance? Prefer to rent last minute around weather, but I'm also a less common size (XL).

·
Registered
966 Posts
There's a lot of places to rent from and large rental fleets. I rent a bike for my wife a couple times a year when we go up, and we've always reserved a day or two in advance because it's cheaper reserving online than just showing up.

If you're going during a questionable weather period, usually you'll have a good enough forecast to still reserve a couple days in advance. And, everybody else is watching the weather too, so if the weather is forecast to be crap, people won't show up to ride, but if you wait for that blue bird day forecast you'll be fighting the crowds.

If you don't reserve in advance, then you'll likely still find a bike to ride, but since you're a on less common size, I wouldn't count on getting your bike of choice on a sunny weekend day during peak season. And you may spend a portion of your day hunting down a bike that may not be what you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.