Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and I are headed up to Whiskeytown tomorrow to pre ride the Lemurian course and I am looking to add some miles to the route. Looking for +/- 10 miles of additional singletrack. Anybody have any Strava or Garmin routes that I can use?

Thx.

·
mtb'er
4,202 Posts
Linking to Swasey Rec Area looks easy enough, but I haven't done it. Swasey has some nice trails.... nothing too hard, so good for more miles.

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/media....File.dat/Mule Ridge and Swasey Trail Map.pdf

Lemurian Course: Bike Ride Profile | Shasta Lemurian near Shasta, CA, USA | Times and Records | Strava

Connecting to/from Swasey: Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Feb 23, 2013 btw kids lacrosse games near Redding | Times and Records | Strava

Maybe do Mule Ridge Trails in a figure 8? Or fart around on a loop involving Escalator.

Have fun!

p.s. Looks like it might be a REALLY wet Lemurian this year... storms are comin'!

·
Registered
665 Posts
How does the course hold up to rain, will it get muddy or wet better? I'm going to be doing a lot of standing out of the saddle with my SS so I'm wondering of I should leave on the Mountain King rear tire for traction or toss on the small block 8 for racing speed but packs with mud instantly?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Climb up to Mule Mtn Pass from buck hollow to the top of the Esclator. Do some mule Ridge stuff, take predator back down.

Feel like more climbing? At the bottom of the Recliner you can take the trail up to Kanaka and then Taco Stand back down.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Wet is fine. In fact a little moisture is good! Most of the trails are composite of soil and DG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts