Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
bike buster
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home and got t-boned making a left turn by someone who ran a red light.

My car is totalled. Outside of a huge bruise on my left side from the side air bag, I am OK.

Seriously. FML. This is ridiculous. I am so bummed right now.

·
Air Pirate
2,037 Posts
Dude, I feel for you. Had that bonehead-ran-the-red-light t-bone collision myself at the end of 2007. Good thing you had those side impact airbags. Getting off with just the bruises is great considering how bad it could have been.

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
duuuuuuude!
glad he hit the front. 1/2 second later and we'd be visiting you in the hospital.
did you go to the hospital and get things checked out? You may find other things start hurting a day or so after the impact.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
And the rack is saved...

Make sure to pry the emblem off the rear trunk lid for keeps sake. Isnt this your 2nd wreck in a pretty short period.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
oh man! I can't believe that. Glad you're OK. So was that why my phone rang at midnight last night? So glad you're OK. That just way sucks.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,130 Posts
Wow, such a bummer justin.

In your old car, that would been very bad. Bike commute... uggh.

fc

·
bike dork extraordinaire
628 Posts
Wow. That sucks. 2 totaled cars caused by other people's bonehead driving in just a few months. That is just plain crappy luck!

I'm curious what you guys are cooking up . . . hopefully whatever it is will take some of the sting away. :thumbsup:

On a side note, I'm testing an X5 35d this week, and that's a bike hauler done right! 425 lb ft of torque, .85g on the skidpad, and 26 mpg!

·
Mtbr Founder
35,130 Posts
sirkrameroy said:
On a side note, I'm testing an X5 35d this week, and there's a bike hauler done right! 425 lb ft of torque and 26 mpg!
Oh you have the bimmer diesel. You better give me a shot at that Andretti :D

fc

·
TANSTAAFL
402 Posts
total bummer dude, anything I can do to help let me know......

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
you need to go back to just breaking bikes.......the car totaling is a wee bit dangerous ;)

glad you're OK dude......and sorry about your project car......you put a heinous amount of effort into that deal......time for an upgrade i guess :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Man, glad you came out of it with just bruises. I dont trust anyone on the road. Even though the light is green I try to look left and right at an intersection. It works! I saved myself from getting t-boned a couple times just by doing so.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
CHUM said:
you need to go back to just breaking bikes.......the car totaling is a wee bit dangerous ;)
Quote of the day :thumbsup: Justin, sorry about your car, but you are #$%#$ lucky to get out with just bruises. Now think about all the excitement of planning/getting new ride.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts