Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
My other ride is your mom
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the Eff folks? Why do some of you exist? Some of you are already tuning out....simply because I'm asking you to fire up the neurons. Well, good riddence. Now....where was I????? Ohhh....ok.....you're still there...some of you....folks that should just quit......are still here.

SNAP!

BOOM! Yeah.......you're marked. You write, you *****, you moan....and yet...you never contribute. You never,,,,,,,,,EVER.......provide a stoke pic....PERIOD.

This is the gauntlet.......DO NOT POST TO THIS WITH A PIC......I WANT WRITING...I want stories.....I want a paragraph of stoke.

My intent is to stoke a fire that has died within the hearts of many who frequeent this forum; I want you to comment, bloviate.....and yet.....dont.......contribute.....figure it out.

–noun
the act of contributing.
something contributed.
an article, story, drawing, etc., furnished to a magazine or other publication.
an impost or levy.

I want to see stories...I want to see words............let er' rip................

ps....this thread will last about 57ms......

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
3....2...1....boooooooooom!!!!

sorry to dissapoint...my stoke 'graphs have been lacking lately as I've spent them elsewhere. more stoke coming your way soon!!!

oh wait...this vid gets me super stoked!!!!

<p><a href="http://vimeo.com/20601448">A Hill in Spain</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1089639">chris akrigg</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

·
Eroding into the trail
897 Posts
latedropbob said:
3....2...1....boooooooooom!!!!

sorry to dissapoint...my stoke 'graphs have been lacking lately as I've spent them elsewhere. more stoke coming your way soon!!!

oh wait...this vid gets me super stoked!!!!

<IFRAME height=225 src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/20601448" frameBorder=0 width=400></IFRAME>A Hill in Spain from chris akrigg on Vimeo.
Excellent video! :thumbsup:
Neurons fired up/short circuiting! :eek:
Watching the video made me tired and thirsting for a cold beer, preferably consumed on the beach at sunset! :p

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
Maadjurguer said:
What the Eff folks? Why do some of you exist? Some of you are already tuning out....simply because I'm asking you to fire up the neurons. Well, good riddence. Now....where was I????? Ohhh....ok.....you're still there...some of you....folks that should just quit......are still here.

SNAP!

BOOM! Yeah.......you're marked. You write, you *****, you moan....and yet...you never contribute. You never,,,,,,,,,EVER.......provide a stoke pic....PERIOD.

This is the gauntlet.......DO NOT POST TO THIS WITH A PIC......I WANT WRITING...I want stories.....I want a paragraph of stoke.

My intent is to stoke a fire that has died within the hearts of many who frequeent this forum; I want you to comment, bloviate.....and yet.....dont.......contribute.....figure it out.

–noun
the act of contributing.
something contributed.
an article, story, drawing, etc., furnished to a magazine or other publication.
an impost or levy.

I want to see stories...I want to see words............let er' rip................

ps....this thread will last about 57ms......

shut up already.

·
Ridin bikes is fun
784 Posts
Here's my contribution

Eco Alpha Tango.......Sierra Hotel Indigo Tango...........

I hope you like it.....;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
May not be the stoke you are looking for, but I've been enjoying riding more and more every time I get in the saddle. Having only been riding seriously for about a year, seeing my own progression on the trails I ride every week out there is the most rewarding feeling I can imagine. Even better sometimes than exploring a new section or trail.
I primarily ride PMP, and try to about 3 times a week, give or take. There are trails that I can clean now that I though I would NEVER be able to make it up/down. *cough*VOAZ*cough*
I know that many of you on here are seasoned veterans and could probably leave me in the dust, but the intense feeling of satisfaction I feel when I reach the top of a previously unclimbable piece of trail, or clean a terrifying section of tech descent, reminds me why I endure all of those times I don't. And lately, the number of those instances have been rising steadily.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Stoke ...

For me, today, stoke is having my DH bike and camping gear waiting to be loaded up after work today for a weekend road trip out to Fontana. I haven't been on my DH bike or camping since I broke my back over 8 months ago. It comes with mixed emotions, but it's time. :)

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
TurtleGerl said:
For me, today, stoke is having my DH bike and camping gear waiting to be loaded up after work today for a weekend road trip out to Fontana. I haven't been on my DH bike or camping since I broke my back over 8 months ago. It comes with mixed emotions, but it's time. :)
Hellz yeah!!! Git sum!

·
Registered
385 Posts
The stoke for me is not having time to get wrapped around the axle in this forum...

Mountain biking 4 or 5 times a week, dirt biking at least once a week, hanging off the harnesses of my biplane as much as possible (which hasn't been enough lately)

But really the coolest thing is what has happened since I started riding a rigid 29er (about a month ago)...The Rigid 29er makes lame trails fun and fast. The real benefit being a marked increase in leg and lung strength for the 26in AM bike... And it makes the slayer feel like a Cadillac with blazing fast descending capacity...

I am still shocked by the SS 29er capability, especially since not more than 3 months ago I discounted SS, 29er, and rigid as a waste of time...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Slayer?

TurtleGerl said:

Hey, did you ever get a RMB Slayer?

the latest model looks pretty sick....

·
Ridin bikes is fun
784 Posts
surfndav said:
Here's my contribution

Eco Alpha Tango.......Sierra Hotel Indigo Tango...........

I hope you like it.....;)

Hey Mad, my above comment was in fact a joke. I'm sure you know that though.

·
Meatbomb
7,086 Posts
5bravobravo said:
hanging off the harnesses of my biplane as much as possible (which hasn't been enough lately)

I'm good for some gas money if you ever want a tag along :thumbsup:

This was my last ride in a biplane... I promise to keep my harness fastened .

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
5bravobravo said:
Hey, did you ever get a RMB Slayer?

the latest model looks pretty sick....
No, I have a new stumpjumper for now. For the type of riding I've been doing it's been good. Probably going to make some changes to the stable in the fall.

·
I am Walt
6,281 Posts
I did a bench press in the gym this week...with the bar. I couldn't have been happier; first time since early-Nov.

I have a road bike now, and can't wait to ride it this weekend...with Deanna (CoyoteKis). It will be my first biking since Dec. 5th.

I entered the Whiskey 25 this week...SS, of course. I missed Old Pueblo, and can't wait to ride in this event. Being down at OP, and not RIDING...was hard.

I can't wait to get up early to ride; can't wait to get a flat; can't wait to break a chain; can't wait to bonk on a ride; can't wait to not clean whatever; can't wait to fall again (just not on my left arm!!); can't wait to suffer up some hideous climb...can't wait for all that sh*t I used to ***** about...and I'll still ***** about...

But I can't wait!! :thumbsup:

·
My other ride is your mom
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Beautiful Lie

A beautiful lie is a beautiful ride. Wind in hair through slotted helmet vents give feeling to warm, naked scalp; breathing out a sweaty ooze of effort and concentration deep within the shallow skull of bone and thought. Contemplation born of angst and trial evaporate away with every hill climbed, racing against demons not seen, but felt in the depths of heart and the ugly psyche of disease. The machine works like a craftmans swiss watch, disappearing from existence leaving the corpus floating across expanses of eroded time and infected by the sharp sting of cholla and brittlebrush. Thoughts come and go as they please like passengers getting on and off the orange line train from Vienna to Smithsonian; me sitting in the back, along for the ride and observing all, yet remaining invisible like a diety. Consumed with nothing, free to explore all; the mind is omnipotent in this flying, crashing, bumping, floating trip through time and space. Terrors of the world are seen from all angles, understood completely and dispatched with mechanical precision as another passenger leaves the train into worlds beyond relevance unto this two-wheeled reality. The lie is the ride upon which we float above all dominance, contrived by society and perpetuated by willing participants. The lie is not what we tell ourselves in our secret dark moments of fear, huddling like rats in the last crawl space on a sinking ship. It is the bright and open expanse of possibility defined by a limitless track, chosen by an unknown creator long gone and forgotten. Epiphanies explode and pulse like neutreno stars, pulsing bright long after their birth and death upon the singletrack we ride. The astronomer peers up studying the illusory permanentness of these explosions, cataloging their brilliant character and referring to them as living entities despite their death before time. A beautiful lie brings order to an unordered existence, a plane of thought rife with oppressive obstacles, dismounts, walk-arounds, down-climbs and hike-a-bike. This beautiful lie allows all who listen the opportunity to imagine and live like the deity; powerful beyond comprehension yet distant and untouchable like the plasma bright neon, pulsing in waves too fast to see; shining bright and advertising that the taco shop is still open. A beautiful ride is a beautiful lie.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts