Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for anyone who wants to preride some or all of the whiskey 50 course that knows the course i live in prescott but im not familiar with that area.

·
Registered
168 Posts
fixgeardan said:
im looking for anyone who wants to preride some or all of the whiskey 50 course that knows the course i live in prescott but im not familiar with that area.
I can ride the 25 with you next week. Or tomorrow morning. Let me know.

I was just out there today cleaning some of the downed trees out. It should be all rideable at this point.

Shu

·
Registered
168 Posts
Weekends are tough for me for the next couple of weeks. Sea Otter this weekend and San Diego next. I can ride the weekend of the 30th if you don't find someone by then.

Shu

·
Sublime Absurdity
741 Posts
SHU said:
I can ride the 25 with you next week. Or tomorrow morning. Let me know.

I was just out there today cleaning some of the downed trees out. It should be all rideable at this point.

Shu
Awesome that you cleared stuff out. Can I ask what parts have been cleared? If you ever need help, I live up copper basin and have a flexible schedule. The rockslide part of 9401j down from the overlook had lots of downed oak trees last week. The directions fail to point out that you are on 326 after 322. 322 is not the fun singletrack bit, it starts soon after the trail becomes 326. Here is a snapshot of the area:

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have cleared everything up to 326. I haven't done the 326 section or the "creekside" singletrack at the end of 326.

There are a couple of areas where I left the trees because there was enough room to get around. We did one up and over on one of the downed trees. Most of the trees I cut were cut with a thin passage so the quads and jeeps couldn't get through. Let me know if you think they are too thin.

There is still some trail work to be done. I could use some help on some of the sections that are rock surf sections. For example the one section going down to White Spar Road. Also the section going down to 51 from the lookout.

Thanks,
Shu

·
Sublime Absurdity
741 Posts
SHU said:
I have cleared everything up to 326. I haven't done the 326 section or the "creekside" singletrack at the end of 326.

There are a couple of areas where I left the trees because there was enough room to get around. We did one up and over on one of the downed trees. Most of the trees I cut were cut with a thin passage so the quads and jeeps couldn't get through. Let me know if you think they are too thin.

There is still some trail work to be done. I could use some help on some of the sections that are rock surf sections. For example the one section going down to White Spar Road. Also the section going down to 51 from the lookout.

Thanks,
Shu
326 and the creekside singletrack were all clear two weeks ago. The only part of this route that I haven't been on is 260 and the fireroad that 260 leads to. 48 has one or two trees down, and 9401J from the overlook down to 51 had a lot of downed oak trees. the oaks are problematic because you have to ride/walk around due to all the branches which reroutes the trail and messes with the already poor drainage up there. The downed pines are typically less of an issue because they usually don't have branches in the way of going up and over.

I'll ride the route on the north side of copper basin today and check it out. I'll PM you with my email addy so you can let me know when you want to go do some more cleanup...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.