Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new wheelset with a new Lefty hub and took it out for the first time today. After about 7 miles or so I started to notice a whine from the front hub. The pitch changed with speed but only happens while I'm on the bike (it's silent when I hold the bike and spin the wheel by hand). Any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
250 Posts
fueledbymetal said:
I have a new wheelset with a new Lefty hub and took it out for the first time today. After about 7 miles or so I started to notice a whine from the front hub. The pitch changed with speed but only happens while I'm on the bike (it's silent when I hold the bike and spin the wheel by hand). Any ideas? :confused:
I had the same problem on my first ride too. It appeared that the O-ring was jammed between the hub cap and the bolt. Some lube should help. If it doesn't, take the O-ring off. The only drawback of that is that the bolt rattles in the hub when the wheel is not mounted on the Lefty.
Kayba

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.