Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some bad, non-riding, this spring, I'm finally getting back on the bike.

How may others find themselves riding alone? Maybe I need to change my deodorant :confused:

During this ride, a thought entered my mind, "I must really enjoy this sh!t. There's not a single soul for miles, and most everyone else is sleeping." :)...

For my own physical/mental well-being--it is better to ride, than not ride.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice pics, and I also ride alone a good bit. I might start out with some friends but we end up scattered. It is really really good soul searching and talking to yourself time ;)

But then again im INTJ, and dont really like being around other people anyway hehe.

Riding in that nice scenery probably doesnt hurt either. Im so jealous of all you guys that can ride in great sceenery.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great pics.

But i was likely awake and doing the same thing (without a view like that though)

I ride alone quite often. All my old college biking buddies are gone so i have to go it alone. I can think of no better way to spend some "me" time though.

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CraigH said:
Thanks for posting, I liked your photos.
I'm not enough of a morning guy to do that, unless those are sunset pics.
Craig,

The pics are both. I'm either up too early, or going to bed too late... :)...

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Great pics JL, lovely scenery that's ideal for solo riding. I ride w/ different groups, but I also enjoy going solo where I can set my own pace - fast or slow as the mood catches me - and I don't have to wait or be waited on. It's hard to get up that early, but sometimes it's just so worth it - road rides that start @ 5am do not count :nono:

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ozlongboarder said:
You should have posted this on the 29er board to remind all the *****ing nerds what its all about.
That's funny. Oh, I almost forget...

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,165 Posts
jl said:
After some bad, non-riding, this spring, I'm finally getting back on the bike.

How may others find themselves riding alone? Maybe I need to change my deodorant :confused:
I think its that weird wheeled, no-geared thingy.

Send it my way and I'll take care of it.

Nice shots.

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wg said:
I think its that weird wheeled, no-geared thingy. :winker:
Send it my way and I'll take care of it.

Nice shots.
It's not the no-geared thingy--it's the 'old-man bars.' No rider in their 'right mind' would want to be associated with that :).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.