Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase an xl full sus but am unsure which one. I guess Im looking in the 1500 range and like fox float on the specialzed. This is my second year riding and need to make a good selection frame wise to have this bike a while. Also, how do I go about getting a good deal for an 04 as the season continues?

703 Posts
Big Guy

If you need an XL, and you're a big guy, consider the Gary Fisher Sugar 292 or 293, both in that price range. 29'ers are the way to go if you're over 6'2", and the FS sugars are sweet! See the Ada Bike Shop near Grand Rapids, or Brick Wheels in Traverse City

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
I used to live in Michigan and unless things have changed dramatically, all you need is 3-4 inches of travel. The Spec. Stumpjumpers are really popular there.

The best time to buy is Sep or so after the 2005s start hitting the streets. Looking back though, I got an $1800 bike, then traded it a year later for something more expensive. Fact is, I should have bought the more expensive one in the first place. Would have saved me some money in the long run. If you have a bike now that you can swap parts from, look for a good high end frame - dream BIG! Turner, Santa Cruz, Titus, Ellsworth, Ventana.

If not, I'd say Specialized is the best because of the Horst Link Four Bar - in any price point. The warranty is great, quality is good and the technology is second to none.

Good Luck!

trailrider7 said:
I would like to purchase an xl full sus but am unsure which one. I guess Im looking in the 1500 range and like fox float on the specialzed. This is my second year riding and need to make a good selection frame wise to have this bike a while. Also, how do I go about getting a good deal for an 04 as the season continues?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts