Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Tribe. Got a first world dilemma and could use some input...

I have my first trip to Sedona coming up this summer. I'm debating on which bike will be better for the local terrain... SB130 or SB5.5. The SB130 is my regular goto as the positioning works well for me at 6'4". However, the 5.5 is still my bike of choice when the trails get tight and increased maneuverability is needed.

The SB130 is a fairly stock build while the SB5.5 has an X2 on the rear.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
SB130 all day for Sedona. Nothing tight at all about the trails there. Very few sections of trail that would require a shorter Wheelbase and the SB130 is a better technical and seated climbing bike for the ledgy step ups since the rear end tracks better and the WB gives you a bit more length before both wheels can touch tricky sections

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Also the slacker head tube angle is more beneficial over at Hogs and the higher level trails where the steep rock rolls and slabs can make you feel way to far back over the rear wheel of older Geo bikes where you can instead stay planted in the center of the cockpit and handle those tricky features.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Howdy Tribe. Got a first world dilemma and could use some input...

I have my first trip to Sedona coming up this summer. I'm debating on which bike will be better for the local terrain... SB130 or SB5.5. The SB130 is my regular goto as the positioning works well for me at 6'4". However, the 5.5 is still my bike of choice when the trails get tight and increased maneuverability is needed.

The SB130 is a fairly stock build while the SB5.5 has an X2 on the rear.
130 is a good choice. Our local trails do not have many extended tight sections of trail. 130-150 travel is a good option here and the SB130 has good geo for the trails here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree with Skinny, I took my 130 to Sedona for the mtb fest in March & it performed well above my expectations. And just for context, I took my 5.5 to the 2018 Sedona mtb fest & think the 130 out performs the 5.5. The headangle and steep seat tube angle just flat out work. See this link which shows all the chunk and steep trails I rode on the 130.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.