Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to order a Sram X.9 group for my Paragon build and would appreciate some advice about which front derailleur config. to go with. This bike has a 27.2mm seat post diameter and presume I need a smaller clamp diameter than is std. on a 31.6mm post bike. Anybody know what clamp dia I need?

Does this bike use a top or bottom routed cable?

Any other FD specs I should be aware of?

Thanks...my first 29er build.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
If it is anything like my Superfly it will use a top pull high clamp. BTW Jensonusa has X9 frt der. For $15 right now for 34.9 sz. They might have other sizes available.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
If it is anything like my Superfly it will use a top pull high clamp. BTW Jensonusa has X9 frt der. For $15 right now for 34.9 sz. They might have other sizes available.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6th Element....2010 Paragon frame. Didn't think this would stump the GF guys here.
I have an email into Gary Fisher's website and will report back what they say to help the next guy building up a new Paragon.
Cheers.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Murt. The X9 FD comes in a few different clamp diameters so now its a matter of knowing what the seat tube OD is. When I hear the exact spec's from GF, I will report back.
Appreciate it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Nate,
The frame is down south and I am heading there for Christmas. Will bring some calipers.

I just heard back from GF's technical department and X.9 front derailleur spec's for the G2 Paragon are:
High clamp, top pull 34.9mm clamp

What I surmise from this is the seat tube tapers wider at the BB interface because the Paragon uses a road bike dia. 27.2mm seat post. As you suggest, I will confirm the seat tube diameter at the clamp interface prior to ordering.
Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.