1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id.25433/.f?sc=11&category=27532
or
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=24943&subcategory_ID=3050

Assuming that I can get them for the same price, which bike would you get? The bike from RS cycle doesn't come assembled (extra fee, but would probably do it myself), while the bike from Performance does. Also the bike from performance would have free tune ups for life, and I would get 10% credit towards gear. I like the fork on the RS Cycle better, and I think the performance cycle has better brakes. I dunno, what would you do?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Performace website is having some trouble today, but the link to their site is for the Warrior 5.5 and here are the specs:
Headset: 1 1/8" Threadless Zero Stack
Brakes: Avid Juicy 3 Hydraulic
Levers: Avid Juicy 3 Hydraulic
Pedals: Crank Brothers Smarty Clipless
Frame: Double Butted Aluminum Hardtail
Crankset: FSA Aluminum, (13.5-17.5") 170mm; (19.5-23.5") 175mm
Bottom Bracket: FSA BB1100
Wheelset: Hubs: Joy-Tech ISO 6-bolt w/ Stainless Steel spokes; Rims: WTB SX24, 32H, Black finish
Chain: KMC HG-73
Fork: Marzocchi MZ Super Comp, 100mm travel
Rear Shock: NA
Seatpost: Ritchey Aluminum, 350mm
Handlebar: Ritchey Aluminum, OS 31.8mm, 20mm rise
Stem: Ritchey Aluminum, OS 31.8mm; Extension: (13.5-17.5") 90mm; (19.5-23.5") 110mm
Cassette: SRAM PG-950, 11-34T, 9-speed
Shifters: SRAM X.5 Triggers
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.7 Long cage
Front Derailleur: SRAM X.7 Low clamp
Saddle: WTB Pure V Sport
Grips/Tape: WTB Technical Trail
Tires: WTB Weirwolf 26 x 2.1"

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm sure I don't know, but I'd like to see what someone with more experience says as well. I was about to pull the trigger on the 5.5 myself.

If anyone could contrast the fork and shifters on these bikes I'd be grateful. The rest seems pretty much the same or obvious where the advantage lies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.