Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
iRider said:
Does anybody know which Rock Shox Vivid tune is needed for Socom and the "old" Uzzi VPX? A or B? Thanks!
You will need the B tune on the Socom- the Uzzi would be better with a C tune- but according to SRAM they are few and far between. You could probably tune the B tune to work on the Uzzi and just run a heavier coil to compenate for the increased leverage ratio.

·
biking is fun
2,365 Posts
Yeah the C tune is what sram would recommend but in my experience and also the guys at go-ride.com suggest to use the one lower because the vivids tend to be over dampened.
this is evident when you go through the spring rate suggestions and every single person said they had to go #50 lighter than their usual coil.
so the B tune should probably work pretty good.

and as mentioned i hear it is impossible to get C tunes but i heard its pretty cheap to get the parts to change it into a C tune. just depends on how mechanically inclined you are.

also careful cause they are prone to crapping out easily. in my breif experience with them the 3 i have come in contact with have all died. 2 were mine and 1 my dads.
the biggest thing is make sure not to back the rebound out all the way or it leaks oil and air. this is stupid because in there tuning suggestions they say to back it all the way out to start with.

·
Registered
211 Posts
LOL, i opened this thread expecting a run down of what music people listen to, or think about, when riding their Intenses!

"Vivid tunes for Intense bikes!"

here are my recomendations: -

Ascending:

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

Descending:

Butthole Surfers - Human Cannonball

Ministry featuring Gibby Haines - Jesus built my hotrod

Speedy J - Loudboxer LP

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
climbingbubba said:
Yeah the C tune is what sram would recommend but in my experience and also the guys at go-ride.com suggest to use the one lower because the vivids tend to be over dampened.
this is evident when you go through the spring rate suggestions and every single person said they had to go #50 lighter than their usual coil.
so the B tune should probably work pretty good.

and as mentioned i hear it is impossible to get C tunes but i heard its pretty cheap to get the parts to change it into a C tune. just depends on how mechanically inclined you are.

also careful cause they are prone to crapping out easily. in my breif experience with them the 3 i have come in contact with have all died. 2 were mine and 1 my dads.
the biggest thing is make sure not to back the rebound out all the way or it leaks oil and air. this is stupid because in there tuning suggestions they say to back it all the way out to start with.
I was hoping they solved this by now. :confused: Oh well, guess I stick with the DHX. Thanks all for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.