Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to order a Reba soon, but I don't know which one to get! According to Trek there are several different models. Here is the basic overview:

-All models feature: motion control damping and aluminum steerers; all models are disc only
-SL models have internal floodgate adjust
-Race models have external floodgate adjust

Then they have these listed:

1. FORK SUSPENSION ROCK SHOX REBA RACE 29IN AIR 80MM SILVER
2. FORK SUSPENSION ROCK SHOX REBA RC 29 80/100MM POPLOC ADJ SLV
3. FORK SUSPENSION ROCK SHOX REBA RC 29AIR POPLOC ADJ 80/100 BK
4. FORK SUSPENSION ROCK SHOX REBA TM AIR 100 POPLOC BLACK NOBSS

I think the only difference between the second and third options is the color.

So.... which one do I want?! (I really don't know much about suspension forks yet) Thanks, ya'll.

2,751 Posts
I'd get #2 or #3 if you want adjustability and the poplock option.

#1 is just the fork only in 80mm fixed stting

#4 i'm guessing is the fork oem'd on the 292 and 293 in 100mm only option?

That said, I have #3 and love it!

· Recovering couch patato
13,971 Posts
Please post prices you've found for each, to give an idea what the differences are?

Wasn't #4 the team version with the lighter hollow crown? I forget what the weight advantage would be, but it would probably be worth it to me.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Cloxxki said:
Please post prices you've found for each, to give an idea what the differences are?

Wasn't #4 the team version with the lighter hollow crown? I forget what the weight advantage would be, but it would probably be worth it to me.
Can you order these from Trek sans bike?

I would like to hear the prices too. Also, ask them how much an MC3.R would cost.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I can't give exact prices (they're wholesale- I work in a shop). I can tell you that the difference between them is $25 or less. I think the first one was least expensive and the 2nd-4th were about $25 more (again, wholesale). Yes, you can order these through Trek sans bike. Talk to your Trek dealer.

I am not familiar with the MC3.R.

· 29er Pilot
101 Posts
Ive got a question

Make that a two part question. 1) Of all the 29r Rebas out there are any available in the "Citrus" color? 2) If not, does anyone know if the sticker set is available and I'll powder coat it to match my frame.

Ive got the Marz now, but a buddy of mine has an 05 X-Cal. The Marz vs. the Reba in my OP is no match. I want a Yella Reba!

· Registered
1,043 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.