Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to see what everyone is running out here in our dry climate for tubeless-tires. I want to make the switch on my Rumblefish with tubeless-ready wheels, but obviously there are a ton of choices. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you guys feel about the Maxxis Ikons vs the Bontrager SE4 Team Issue?

It seems specialized tires are well liked? I have heard these recommendations elsewhere too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Was running Geax Saguaro 26x2.2 foldable which I liked. Just switched over to Bontrager XR3 team issue 26x2.35. Only one ride on them but so far so good.

Don't know anything about the Ikons or SE4, although the SE4 shows at 941g (26x2.35) vs 650g on the XR3 in the same size.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Ikons are great because they are light... But that means you will need the EXO/EXC sidewalls since the "regular" Ikons are slice city...

This guy does A LOT of riding in tough desert terrain.
El Freako from Rico
and he uses Ikons, you may want to ask him. However, just the fact that he uses them suggests to me that they are pretty darn good.

I run Maxxis Ignitors EXO which most folks hate, but I love. For more agressive riding I will use a WTB Bronson in the front.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to see what everyone is running out here in our dry climate for tubeless-tires. I want to make the switch on my Rumblefish with tubeless-ready wheels, but obviously there are a ton of choices. Thanks in advance!
KILL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(What's your Strava handle?)

·
Ahhh the pain....
2,566 Posts
First I want to thank those that in good faith, posted their tire recommendations.
But, I would nearly bet a paycheck that SgtMurr and KOM KRUSHER are the same person... I mean, I think at least 2x per month, there's a "what tire should I run" thread.
So, for the love of God, let's not post tire recommendations on this thread anymore and in the remote chance that OP in sincere, please use the search function to find the numerous threads on the topic.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First I want to thank those that in good faith, posted their tire recommendations.
But, I would nearly bet a paycheck that SgtMurr and KOM KRUSHER are the same person... I mean, I think at least 2x per month, there's a "what tire should I run" thread.
So, for the love of God, let's not post tire recommendations on this thread anymore and in the remote chance that OP in sincere, please use the search function to find the numerous threads on the topic.
Wow. Thanks. I didn't realize internet space was at a premium. I did search, and maybe if you didn't spend all of your time in the forums you wouldn't see every post and get frustrated. You owe me a paycheck.

Thanks to the others who simply answered my question, rather than be cliche internet jerks.

·
Meatbomb
7,227 Posts
KOM KRUSHER has some serious juvenile anger issues so it wont take long to figure out if they are one in the same.

Lets see if he calls me a tool :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KOM KRUSHER has some serious juvenile anger issues so it wont take long to figure out if they are one in the same.

Lets see if he calls me a tool :)
I'm not sure who Kom is. I was a sponsored racer and bicycle mechanic and am just getting back into the sport. This was a simple question which you guys have completely turned into a joke. I'm sorry, but you ARE acting like tools.

It's amazing how you act like starting this thread was so awful, when in reality, it was a great thing for at least one person (me) until you guys with thousands of posts chimed in. If you represent what MTBR forum members are, an immature and unhelpful community, then thanks for saving me the trouble in the future for asking for any help. See you on the trail.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Capt. Front, Ground control rear. 2.3.

I have been on the tires for near one year. The fronts are cupping a bit but I have not noticed any performance loss. Stan's is added about once every 8 weeks or so. I have not had a flat KNOCK ON WOOD since October 2012.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Capt. Front, Ground control rear. 2.3.

I have been on the tires for near one year. The fronts are cupping a bit but I have not noticed any performance loss. Stan's is added about once every 8 weeks or so. I have not had a flat KNOCK ON WOOD since October 2012.
Thanks. Another good word in for the Specs. Think I will head down to the shop and take a look.

·
Meatbomb
7,227 Posts
I'm not sure who Kom is. I was a sponsored racer and bicycle mechanic and am just getting back into the sport. This was a simple question which you guys have completely turned into a joke. I'm sorry, but you ARE acting like tools.

It's amazing how you act like starting this thread was so awful, when in reality, it was a great thing for at least one person (me) until you guys with thousands of posts chimed in. If you represent what MTBR forum members are, an immature and unhelpful community, then thanks for saving me the trouble in the future for asking for any help. See you on the trail.
I think we have a verdict.

See post #3.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think we have a verdict.

See post #3.
Yea it sounds like they are good tires. I have heard others running opposite of you, with the ground control on the front, but based on the blocks I agree they look more like a rear tire. Have you tried the Captains?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts