Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to find any info. Anyone ride there this year yet.
The boys and i are heading up this weekend. Bringing the gravity sleds.
Are any of the worthy expert trails open?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Only 'red' trails open (as of saturday, when i was there) are Bullet DH from house jump down and lower shotgun. its really not worth the trip.. yet. The staff out there said they expect to have Velocity dug out of snow from mid mountain by weekend of the 15th.

CA

·
Full grown man
93 Posts
Go to:
www.mammothmountain.com
Click on trail reports.

"Trail Report - Last Updated: Jul 5, 2006 9:28 AM

Bike Park trails that are open:

Uptown (Fully open)

Downtown (Fully open)

Shotgun

Big Ring

Lower Paper Route (Open to the top of Juniper)

Lower Bullet (more opening soon)

Lower Follow Me

Timber Ridge

Juniper (Fully open)

The Dragon (Now open at the Roost)

Important Bike Park info:

Mammoth Mountain Bike Park is now open 9am to 6pm daily. Get your Bike and Scenic Gondola tickets at the Adventure Center or at the Mammoth Mart in the Village.

Uphill access - Bike Park Shuttle runs from the Village to the Adventure Center from 9am to 5:30pm every half hour. Gondola access for mountain bikers will be available as soon as more snow melts...stay tuned.

Hiking trails on Mammoth Mountain remain closed until further notice. Top of the Sierra Tours start July 6. "

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Nice to see some new trail names on the list! Can't wait till August to get out there for a week, that's for sure. "The Dragon" sounds interesting, hopefully the trail is as ominous as the name. I wanna ride Follow Me also, I couldn't make the nats last year so it'll be good to see what that's all about.

·
Registered
80 Posts
CarnageAsada said:
Only 'red' trails open (as of saturday, when i was there) are Bullet DH from house jump down and lower shotgun. its really not worth the trip.. yet. The staff out there said they expect to have Velocity dug out of snow from mid mountain by weekend of the 15th.

CA
By "have velocity dug out of snow from mid mountain" mean that just the lower part of the mountain will be ready by then, or do you mean that the entire mountain will be open by then?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I think he means having Lower Velocity (from McCoy Station down) dug out. I'd imagine if they get Lower Velocity done by then, then they will probably have Chainsmoke, Trail Home, and maybe all of Bullet as they are somewhat in the same area.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

The trail report wasn't up a few days ago. I think we're still going. It will be a nice way to start the season. Plus the new Demo has an itch that hasn't been scratched yet.

·
UNDEAD
485 Posts
um I heard there's this trail that has chunky peanut butter jars at the beginning of it, your suppose to replace the oil in your front shock and replace it with the chunky butter..makes things run MUCH smoother!
I think the trail is sponsored by Mani-poo.....
We'll have to check that one out

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
snow-man said:
um I heard there's this trail that has chunky peanut butter jars at the beginning of it, your suppose to replace the oil in your front shock and replace it with the chunky butter..makes things run MUCH smoother!
I think the trail is sponsored by Mani-poo.....
We'll have to check that one out
i just called, no lift is running for bikes this weekend. skip!

·
UNDEAD
485 Posts
Dude DFT is right...
NO LIFTS ARE RUNNING! :madmax:
WTF?

Ok so who wants to push the 50lb bikes up Mammoth this weekend?
UH NO thanks!

We'll be riding elsewhere...

July 15th is when the hope to have the gondola runnin

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
Ojai Bicyclist said:
Nice to see some new trail names on the list! Can't wait till August to get out there for a week, that's for sure. "The Dragon" sounds interesting, hopefully the trail is as ominous as the name. I wanna ride Follow Me also, I couldn't make the nats last year so it'll be good to see what that's all about.
I'm pretty sure the Dragon is not a trail but a wooden structure near the base of the lift. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Full grown man
93 Posts
Looks like the gondola will be going to McCoy:
Trail Report - Last Updated: Jul 6, 2006 11:04 AM

Bike Park trails now open:

Uptown

Downtown

Shotgun

Big Ring

Paper Route

Lakes Trail (opening Sat., July 8)

Lower Bullet (more opening soon)

Lower Follow Me

Timber Ridge

Juniper

The Dragon - located at the Roost

Velocity from McCoy Station opens Sat., July 8 - experts only

Important Bike Park info:

Mammoth Mountain Bike Park is now open 9am to 6pm daily. Get your Bike and Scenic Gondola tickets at the Adventure Center or at the Mammoth Mart in the Village.

Uphill access - Bike Park Shuttle runs from the Village to the Adventure Center from 9am to 5:30pm every half hour. Gondola access for mountain bikers will be available starting Sat., July 8 to McCoy Station. Only expert mountain bikers should board the Gondola - THERE IS NO EASY OR INTERMEDIATE WAY DOWN.

Hiking trails on Mammoth Mountain remain closed until further notice. Top of the Sierra Tours start July 6.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Velocity Video

There are some snow spots and the very top section is closed. Here is the opening am video for Velocity for what it's worth. www.mountain-biking-mammoth.com

I rode Big Ring to Chair 9 to Upper Paper Route and back to the hut via the Big Ring downhill section. All good for a old fart who helped build those sections...

O well my first post on this site... Damn JOng will shut up now.

MammothSnowman out....

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
mammothsnowman said:
There are some snow spots and the very top section is closed. Here is the opening am video for Velocity for what it's worth. www.mountain-biking-mammoth.com

I rode Big Ring to Chair 9 to Upper Paper Route and back to the hut via the Big Ring downhill section. All good for a old fart who helped build those sections...

O well my first post on this site... Damn JOng will shut up now.

MammothSnowman out....
That vid. made that trail look pretty mild but it's labeled "expert?"
I've never been to Mammoth but is it actually changeling? I'm sure it's fun none the less.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gosh

Just got back, spent, first time at mammoth. Had a sweet time. Can't wait until the uppper mountain is open.
The 60 ft ladder/log ride on shot gun was off the hook! Give them 2 weeks and the place will rock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am working on film angles right now. First season shooting Mt bikers 3 days a week. Yes that trail is much steeper. Mammoth has stuff so steep most people walk parts. Try the Bullet.

The other thing about Mammoth is for guys like me who are past the downhill bombing days, the cross country and hill climbing are insane.

Try it and I think you will like it.

PS I do not work for Mammoth MT in any way...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.