Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried a search but no luck, i am trying to decide which fork to upgrade to. The Fox 32 Float 26 RLC or Rockshox Recon Gold? both are around the same price and they come in 9mm qr which is what my hub is. Any feed back would be appreciated. Read a lot of reviews on both but still cant decide.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
What kind of bike is this going on? Whats on there now? Would you need a tapered or straight steerer tube?

Between those two, I would choose the Fox all day. I just love the feel of a Fox and ride an RLC myself. If you're looking at this one...

Fox 32 Float 26 RLC FIT 100mm 1 1/8 Fork with 180mm Steer Tube | Fox Racing Shox | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

You might want to make sure that the steerer tube is long enough. It says it comes with a 180mm steerer tube which is alittle over 7", which is pretty short and wouldn't fit most medium or large XC bikes.

For an extra $100, I'd choose the Reba RLT 100 over the Recon Gold.

Rockshox Reba RLT 100 Remote Fork 2013 > Components > Forks > Suspension Forks | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Or if you do Ebay...

2014 RockShox Reba RL MTB Fork 26" 100mm 1 1 8 Disc QR 9 Crown Adjust New | eBay

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's going on a fuji Nevada which currently has on a suntour xcm , 1 1/8 steerer tube , I can get the recon gold at my lbs the fox I would have to order from price point and it's that same one that I'm looking at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.