Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My decision has come down to these 2 bikes. Both are 2013 models with 29"wheels.

I like both of these bikes but am leaning towards the Fusion. It's got a Rock Shox fork and uses more common parts rather than the Cannondale's proprietary components(eg brake pads).

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The Fusion has to be one of the best buys in that price range. Deore crankset with external bb, eyeletted rims, 32mm rock shox fork, shimano brakes, hubs etc.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
I vote for the Rocky. Used to love Cannondale...but it seems they have no direction these days, with their current offerings. Looks like they are now trend-driven, instead of being innovation-driven, like they used to be.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback.
The thing making this decision hard is that no local shops carry both Cannondale and Rocky Mountain

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.
The thing making this decision hard is that no local shops carry both Cannondale and Rocky Mountain
Time to hit the road, in search of shops. I've driven 100 miles, just to test ride a bike. Glad I did....because I ended up buying it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are shops that carry them just none that carry both at the same location.

In pretty set on the Fusion but wanted to get some feedback before making a final decision.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Decided on the Fusion, picked it up yesterday. Got it from a great shop, spent a bunch of time adjusting the bike for me and it feels good. Going to try and get it out for a ride this afternoon.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Good pick, on the Rocky. Cannondale is not the great company they used to be...

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,418 Posts
Good pick, on the Rocky. Cannondale is not the great company they used to be...
I agree with you on that.
Scott is the new Cannondale, if you ask me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really liked the look of the Cannondale, didn't see any local shops selling Scott.

In the end I got the bike for a great price and from a much more helpful shop( though it is farther from home)

·
bay area CA
200 Posts
first try to find a local REI, they are everywhere and they are cannoncale dealers. then all you will need to hunt for is an LBS that deals with rocky.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
first try to find a local REI, they are everywhere and they are cannoncale dealers. then all you will need to hunt for is an LBS that deals with rocky.
Thanks I already chose the Rocky.
We have dealers or both close by but no single dealer that carries both brands at the same location.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts