Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Drunk Poster
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a custom wheelset finished in exactly one week. It is going to have stans olympic rims and I was wondering what tires other people with stans rims like to use. Right now I like my Nevegal DTC 2.35 upfront with a Captain Controll 2Bliss 2.0 in the rear, but this is with tubes on a WTB Speeddisc rim. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Australien
285 Posts
Just stuck a Continental Vertical 2.3 wire bead on front, and a Mavic Crossmark 2.1 kevlar bead on the rear and they inflated with a track pump and are holding air well.

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
i'm running a rampage and fireXC, hold air excellent and no issues at low pressures. i will try my nevegal next. based on a tip from veteran wheelbuilder mikesee, i "painted" the insides of the tires with a thin layer of rubber cement. supposed to help with tires that have porous sidewalls (nevegals are famous for that)

i'm just using yellow tape (no rimstrip) and so far lovin it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Have used 2.35 Minions and 2.25 Nobby Nics on Arch rims with yellow tape without any problems. Have a pair of 2.25 Maxxis Ardents that I will be trying out next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.