Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to do seal service on my DVO Sapphire and I need 2.5wt and 7.5wt oil. Looking at the bike oils which are always overpriced I came across the red line synthetic oils. While they do not make a 7.5wt one the data for their 5wt is the following:

Vis @ 100°C, CSt7.5Vis @ 40°C, CSt16.0Viscosity Index519Freezing Point °C-33Freezing Point °F-27

If I am not mistaken when pushing the fork hard the wt will be right on the money at 7.5 while the other bike specific oils get thinner as the temp rises.

If there a reason I shouldn't be using this red line oil?

·
mtbr member since 1996
1,175 Posts
Check the DVO diamond thread. It has information on what to use. It’s the same damper so all the infonapplies. There is also a thread, uniffixial dvo oil, or something like that. It lists the options and their specs. Alsomsays whar dvo uses

I use the Fox gold for the lowers. You just need it to live the system. It doesn’t affect falling. For the damper I use Motul fork oil. Also what dvo uses and recommends for many.

The redline stuff is good but better for the rear shock. I use the 2.5 in my Topaz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.