Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sponsored by Xanax
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I want to know is what springs come with the retail version of the 2005 Fox Vanilla forks. I've read in reviews that they come with several sets, but which ones? Somebody help me out here please.

The Fox site is nearly worthless. You can't find hardly any useful information on there without having to dig through their pdf library of owner's manuals, and even then I didn't find what I was seeking. Their site administrator must be in love with bad Flash animation with little substance. If only they'd make a non-Flash version that had a serviceable site map, we could make informed purchasing decisions. Instead we get a flickering picture of a downhill biker and what sounds like Indy car sounds in the background. That said, I'm still going to buy one, because a crappy website won't kill a good product :D

·
enjoying the kool-aid
779 Posts
I believe Enduro is correct. I just bought one last week but its at home. I'll try to check when I get home and post up. I can only assume the one that is installed though as I am not going to take apart the fork to look.... just yet... :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Chewieez said:
I believe Enduro is correct. I just bought one last week but its at home. I'll try to check when I get home and post up. I can only assume the one that is installed though as I am not going to take apart the fork to look.... just yet... :D
According to the Fox manual the 130mm version comes installed with the blue spring and the 100mm comes with the green spring. Both springs target the 150-180 pound rider in their respective forks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If anyone who has bought an 05 Vanilla doesn't need their "green" spring I'd love to take it off your hands. Mine didn't come with any alternate springs and I would rather take one off of someone who doesn't need it rather than ordering from FOX directly. Let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.