Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
the catalan connection
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve been learning to run CATIA for some months already. I´m quite impressed by its possibilities. I know is often used in the car industry (at least here in europe) along with many other part engineering, manufacturing and such.
Is it used in the bike industry as well?
If not, which ones are?

·
The Dude Abides
305 Posts
Probably something link ProEngineer for the 3D modeling, then FEMAP or ANSYS or something close to that for analysis then to the rapid prototyper, then to the CNC machine. Then to a local bike shop near you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use solidworks, but I am not in business. I just design/make stuff for myself and a few friends. Once I graduate from school and get some experience I may start to produce my own components, but that is a ways into the future. It is easy to use and you have the option of Cosmos for FEA analysis.

I don't have much experience with Pro/E, but I hear solidworks is more user friendly. A large tool manufacturer might be using solidworks...not components, but it is a program that does get used in the bike industry.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I have used uni-graphics, pro-E, and solid works. From left to right, it goes from least intuitive to most intuitive. Solid-works does alot behind the scenes. My human powered vehicle team uses solid works for modeling and its been fine. But i'm guessing the industry uses solid works or pro-E.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.