Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lbs is building me a set of White Industries hubs laced to some Stan's Arch rims. I weight approx 215lbs and ride strictly XC in the North Georgia area. I am looking at the Crank Bros split quick release skewers but am open to suggestions. I would like them to be red in color as well. What else should I be looking at? Price needs to be under $100 for the pair.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have used the rws skewers before and while I do agree with you about the clamping force, it got old having to ratchet them on and off every time I wanted to take off my front wheel. I really don't think that clamping force is a huge issue in my decision but those are definitely great for that purpose.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will lighter weight QR's with less clamping for be more likely to fail or be compromised under my heavy weight? I understand that the dropouts actually rest on the wheel hub itself and like I said, I'm not going to be doing anything more than North Georgia mtn. XC riding. No jumps or anything...

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
kersh13 said:
Will lighter weight QR's with less clamping for be more likely to fail or be compromised under my heavy weight? I understand that the dropouts actually rest on the wheel hub itself and like I said, I'm not going to be doing anything more than North Georgia mtn. XC riding. No jumps or anything...
I'm 225lbs plus gear, riding XC and a little all mountain...11 years and no failures on the stainless steel models...including being on disc brakes since 2001.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Salsa flip-offs
Hope

Both come in Red

The DT RWS also are supposed to be good - not used them though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts