Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full 'road riding' saddle height for me is 32" from center of BB spindle to top of saddle. For trail riding, it's usually 31 or less.

GD comes in various lengths and styles. For my XL Nomad (20in seat tube) and my saddle height, should I get:

3 or 4in max drop?

350, 375, 400, or 425mm length?

up-down or multi-position?

The Nomad is not my every day trail ride. I have a Heckler for that. The Nomad is for shuttle rides, bike parks, and vacation trips where it'll see a mix of XC and downhill.

Opinions?

·
MTB parts whore
78 Posts
I have a 32" inseam, ride a large frame and have a GD. I have the 400mm length and 4" drop, with a 1" down intermediated position. The length is fine, but I wish it had more drop, at least 5".

For your XL frame, I wouldn't go any shorter than 400mm and definitely get the 4" drop. The 425mm must be new, because I thought that the 400mm was the longest. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was most curious if there was any good argument for getting the 3in rather than the 4in and whether or not the 1in intermediate stop was useful. Talked to a couple of friends and they agree that I should get the 4in drop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.