Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
The Manitou Swinger 3-way my Prophet came with works pretty good but I do like the fact that the RP23 can have it's platform adjusted without a pump... Manitou also has the Swinger X3 but I cannot find it on their website... Rock Shox, I don't like the company much and I have never been impressed by their products but I didn't try the Pearl. DT apparently has nice shocks but again, never tried one myself.

I think I would go with the RP23, just to change from Manitou.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input Dan, I also fancy the RP23 but it's so expensive. I love the DT too and apparently it works very well with the Prophet, the reason I suggested the RS Pearl is that it is specced on the Prophet here in Europe but I haven't heard any reports of it yet.

Hmmm.... it's a toughie

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
And by the way, standard shock sizing for the prophet is 200mm eye-to-eye and a 50mm stroke... The DT is available in 200 x 55, not 200 x 50. It should work, even get you a bit of bonus travel but it won't be standard. Not saying not to do it, just additional info.

·
Registered
731 Posts
The Fox RP23 sure is nice

Hello men I to have been thinking of upgrading my Prophets Radium to the Fox RP23 for my 41st birthday.:D I found one at BeyondBikes for 369.00 -- I have been riding the Fox RP3 on my rush and have thouroughly enjoyed it. Let us know what you end up getting Karlos. Cheers and good riding.

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
KarlosPirahna said:
I would like to upgrade from the Radium R at somepoint this year, which would you get ??

DT Swiss HVR 200

RP23

Manitou swinger 3-way

RockShox Pearl 3.3 Air

:confused:

Cheers
Hi,

I am looking at doing the same thing as you and I think my heart is pretty much set on the Pearl 3.1 Air. I have talked to a few stores and they seem to think that it is a suspension that fit the Prophet very nicely. The RP23 is a proven shock whereas the Pearl is kind of an unknown, but I am still getting one.

·
Registered
829 Posts
No

No i wanted a Prophet so i purchased the bottom end 500 SL for £799 fited my own RS revalation and Hone cranks and Mavic 819 wheelset shifters etc...then sold all the parts on ebay for £300 leaving me with a prophet frame for £500.:thumbsup: then i got the shock to highten the bottom braket and make regular Prophet from the SL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.