Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
That's not a huge amount of $$ to take a little risk, my kids race bike has a 10sp slx shifter (xtr der) and it's been absolutely perfect for 2 years, it's very difficult to go wrong with XT (and xtr is almost like di2 in my opinion), - I have no experience with Saint.
Shifters take quite a lot of use or a good hit to actually wear out, take a look at how clean your cables/housings are before you replace. What have you got now?, what's it doing badly?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's not a huge amount of $$ to take a little risk, my kids race bike has a 10sp slx shifter (xtr der) and it's been absolutely perfect for 2 years, it's very difficult to go wrong with XT (and xtr is almost like di2 in my opinion), - I have no experience with Saint.
Shifters take quite a lot of use or a good hit to actually wear out, take a look at how clean your cables/housings are before you replace. What have you got now?, what's it doing badly?
I have a Deore now. The bottom housing gets loose every so often. My LBS was able to tighten it some last time (not sure how as the bottom screws are tight and the internals seem loose), but I figure it's worthwhile just replacing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.