Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
What's comfortable to me, maybe brutal to you, tough question to answer. Order both, return the least comfortable one?

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Saddles and comfort are a personal pursuit. Some saddles look great, but are uncomfortable when ridden for a length of time. I agree with JCD, hard to know without time in the saddle. Are there measurable differences between the saddles? Is one wider/longer? Does the width match your sitbones? Is there a weight limit? I have to consider the last question myself as I'm about 230.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,875 Posts
to me ? none of the above

the most comfortable saddle for me is a single carbon fiber sheet in the shape of a standard road saddle, on standard rails. no padding. super long ride comfort... they just tend to crack on the first crash is the only downside of CF sheet saddles.

but for the two you posted ...nope. both look like horror shows since they are el-cheapo generic factory spew.

either one might be amazing or disappoint...it's cheap enough so roll the dice and get both

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
That's a hard question to answer. Everyone's rear is going to be different. What's comfortable to me...might be an ass hatchet to you.

I've been riding one of the China carbon saddles (similar to the second pic) for years...and it works just fine for me...even after three hours of pedaling over Vegas rock. I did feel it a bit the next day in my rump...but it went away pretty fast. I also use some padded bib shorts under my MTB shorts. As long as you find a saddle that properly supports your sit bones...you'll be ok.

·
Registered
805 Posts
That's a hard question to answer. Everyone's rear is going to be different. What's comfortable to me...might be an ass hatchet to you.

I've been riding one of the China carbon saddles (similar to the second pic) for years...and it works just fine for me...even after three hours of pedaling over Vegas rock. I did feel it a bit the next day in my rump...but it went away pretty fast. I also use some padded bib shorts under my MTB shorts. As long as you find a saddle that properly supports your sit bones...you'll be ok.
I have the one on the bottom bought a sqlabs high dollar one to replace it...sold the sqlabs went back to the $30 130gram cheapo.

There are more varieties of the china carbon seats now I was giving them a look on eBay today.

I was looking at all the nice name brand carbon seats..and I don't know I think ill take someone's advice and buy a nice pair bibs.
Looking at some assos centa $250 heard they are bee's knees and have the ku ku condo. (It's a snuggy place for Frank an beans).

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I think the first one claims to be stupid light, I ordered one a while back, tracking shows it got delivered but not on my porch (the seller is no longer on ebay, - always buy from a seller with lots of good feedback).
My friend has the 2nd one, it looks just like the one on another race buddy's 10k Sworks. I avoided the 2nd one because we race in foul weather quite a bit, and I was afraid the holes would collect mud/sand.
I'll present a 3rd option, I have these on 2 bikes, plus 2 spares (I like this one a lot). One racer friend I recommended it to got one, liked it a lot, but it broke during the first lap of a race, I'm not sure if he over-tightended the clamp, but I've heard that carbon failures are commonly due to over-tightening. The one I like: https://www.ebay.com/itm/full-carbo...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the first one claims to be stupid light, I ordered one a while back, tracking shows it got delivered but not on my porch (the seller is no longer on ebay, - always buy from a seller with lots of good feedback).
My friend has the 2nd one, it looks just like the one on another race buddy's 10k Sworks. I avoided the 2nd one because we race in foul weather quite a bit, and I was afraid the holes would collect mud/sand.
I'll present a 3rd option, I have these on 2 bikes, plus 2 spares (I like this one a lot). One racer friend I recommended it to got one, liked it a lot, but it broke during the first lap of a race, I'm not sure if he over-tightended the clamp, but I've heard that carbon failures are commonly due to over-tightening. The one I like: https://www.ebay.com/itm/full-carbo...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
That looks interesting. What is this about an oval track/thread? Not sure if it would fit my Oneup dropper post?

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
It'll fit the OneUp. As long as the seatpost clamps the top and bottom...it'll work with oval rails. It's the posts that clamp from the side that'll need different clamps for oval and round rails.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.