Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wizard of the Trail
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 210lbs. and I have a pair of 36 hole CK disc hubs. Which wheels are better for XC,? Mavic xm 321 or sun ringle rhyno lites? I don't do any drops.

·
Registered
108 Posts
shiggy said:
I would pick the Mavic simply because it is much easier to mount tires on them. They are good rims, too.
Shiggy,

how do you feel about Velocity rims in comparison to the mavics. I have ridden almost exclusively mavic but have become interested in Velocity because of chatter more than anything. My understanding is they are great rims, some suggest they are superior to mavic. What is your take

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Geist262 said:
I am 210lbs. and I have a pair of 36 hole CK disc hubs. Which wheels are better for XC,? Mavic xm 321 or sun ringle rhyno lites? I don't do any drops.
Are you a weight weenie??? If not, I personally love my Rhyno Lites. The rear one has held up 5 years of my 190lbs worth of abuse.....

·
Wizard of the Trail
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
normally, I am not a weight weenie, but my bike is on the heavy side and don't want any extra. Anyway, thanks for the replies. I ordered the mavics.
I also heard from alot of posts that its hard to change tires on the lites, including shiggy, so I went with mavic xm321.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
darkmatter said:
Shiggy,

how do you feel about Velocity rims in comparison to the mavics. I have ridden almost exclusively mavic but have become interested in Velocity because of chatter more than anything. My understanding is they are great rims, some suggest they are superior to mavic. What is your take
Yup. Good rims. I use the VXC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.