Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wizard of the Trail
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 210lbs and I am having my lbs lace me up a wheelset. I have CK hubs that have 36 holes. I was looking at mavic xm321 rims or sun ringle ryno lites. Which one would be better. I only ride XC, no drops. Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
hmmm

both rims are good -- I've ridden w/ friends' rhyno lites before, and I am currently running mavics (819 disc, the new version of the 3.1). Both of those wheels may be a bit of overkill for you though, considering you stated you aren't doing any drops. I am 220, and occasionally do drops between 2-4 feet, and my rims have held up great so far. I'm not sure however, if they are available in 36h. this may be the deciding factor if not many companies have a 36h available in all their designs. again, both of the wheels you mentioned are good, but if you race xc, and only weigh 210, they may be a bit heavy when going uphill. Good luck!

·
President, CEO of Earth
1,001 Posts
Mavics

Personally I'd go for the mavics. I have never been a fan of the Rhinolites.

·
Wizard of the Trail
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ended up going with the mavics. I heard the tires are hard to mount on the rhynolites. Thanks for the replies.

·
NormalNorm
935 Posts
joecalder said:
both rims are good -- I've ridden w/ friends' rhyno lites before, and I am currently running mavics (819 disc, the new version of the 3.1).
I another vote for the 819's. The only rims I haven't yet destroyed.......

·
Manual4ever
151 Posts
Geist262 said:
i ended up going with the mavics. I heard the tires are hard to mount on the rhynolites. Thanks for the replies.
Some tires are VERY hard to mount.... One tire I had to actually cut off the rim after breaking and beding every tool I could think of to get the thing off the rim!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.