Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not just famous; infamous
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired old fatass looking for a great time on high country singletrack this Sunday. Wants to have fun without breaking brittle bones. Looking for a lift to the top, and lots of fun on the way down. Ideal place must be close to Denver, not crowded and cheap. (uhm...yeah, right. pick two I guess)

I'm not looking for killer downhill runs, just some sweet, long, gravity assisted singletrack that's somewhat close to Denver. Any ideas?

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
Most of the resorts have a lot of fun trails for XC bikes.

Copper is only $16 for an all day ticket - never any real bikers there. It only has one single track that winds accross the mountain. It's got some fun bits, but it also has this boring section where you go accross the mountain, switch back, cross the mountin, switch back, etc.

You can by pass it by hitting the fireroad and just join the single track where it is more fun.

Copper is *NOT* recomened for DH bikes though.

If you want to spend more moeny, Keystone and Vail are have more trails, they also have more people.

Have fun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Steer clear of Keystone this weekend

The X-Terra is going on at Keystone this weekend, and part of the MTB course is on some of the DH trails which will be closed to non-racers.

I haven't been on my DH bike in a couple of weeks so this is a drag for sure. I'm thinking about going up to Vail, or just waiting until next weekend.

·
ride
5,274 Posts
coolhandluchs said:
Tired old fatass looking for a great time on high country singletrack this Sunday. Wants to have fun without breaking brittle bones. Looking for a lift to the top, and lots of fun on the way down. Ideal place must be close to Denver, not crowded and cheap. (uhm...yeah, right. pick two I guess)

I'm not looking for killer downhill runs, just some sweet, long, gravity assisted singletrack that's somewhat close to Denver. Any ideas?
Winter Park would be good. They don't really have any DH bike type of trails so you won't get mowed over. All of the singletrack there is very nice. Lot's of options down from the top, too. If you're willing to do a modicum of climbing (after being lifted) there's tons of stuff.

Whatever you do, have a great time!

·
ride
5,274 Posts
coolhandluchs said:
I have a feeling it's gonna be WP this Sunday. I've heard the KBCO musicfest's going on, but maybe we can miss the crowds. Just have to find some parking :p
If you leave early enough, you won't have a problem. I bet the trails will still be relatively uncrowded all day, too. They used to do a race on the same weekend. We'd always roll in at 8:30 or so and it wouldn't be too bad. Much after 9-10 there won't be any parking close in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts