Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a trip to Colorado from the East Coast for early August. I plan on visiting one of the resorts with a bike park but have limited time. I was wondering between the two, Keystone and Winter Park. Which one had the best DH trails?

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Crankworx is at Winter Park the first weekend of August, as well as a Mountain States Cup race up the highway at Sol Vista. If you want to watch some cool riding, those are the places to be, DH, slopestyle, DS, etc.

If you just want some long steep DH runs, Keystone is the place. And if its that weekend, you can avoid a lot of crowds by going to Keystone and get more riding in.

And Sol Vista has an AWESOME rental fleet. I saw a V-10, M6, 303 in their rental shop, pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Keystone for variety and droping into the abyss
SolVista for high speed and flying huge gaps
Winterpark for slope style

Apex for hiker slalom

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
chinkerjuarez said:
How many times are we going to post about this??? Seems everytime the resorts open we get this post. :madman:
We live in a DH destination, people are going to make trips here and ask questions. I feel lucky to have so many different resorts to choose from, all less than 2 hours from Denver, so I'll answer questions.

Down below Klaus said it correct and summed up the 3 resorts, Vail has lifts as well, but I am not familiar with it during the summer.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Keystone has mass variety, the longest trails which you can reach and carry the greatest
amount of speed. Plus all the jumps and drops that are their.

IMO Vail has some of the most technical trails - steep and rooted. But, if you don't know
the mountain it's best to go with someone who does.

I have'nt been to WP in a few years but I hear good things.

Sol Vista is fast and intense great for racing.
My two cents

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
Ride WP for half a season and get really fast on the fast and flowy DH runs, and all the man made jumps and features. Then when you think you are REALY GOOD, go to Keystone and have the mountain kick the crap out of you and your bike.

I love WP and Keystone for different reasons. I'm happy to have both to ride. Plan on hitting Sol Vista this year as well to see what all the fuss is about.

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
Ithnu said:
Crankworx is at Winter Park the first weekend of August, as well as a Mountain States Cup race up the highway at Sol Vista. If you want to watch some cool riding, those are the places to be, DH, slopestyle, DS, etc.

If you just want some long steep DH runs, Keystone is the place. And if its that weekend, you can avoid a lot of crowds by going to Keystone and get more riding in.

And Sol Vista has an AWESOME rental fleet. I saw a V-10, M6, 303 in their rental shop, pretty cool.
Exactly what he said.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.