Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
portable? go ultimate pro, hands down, none better. after 12 years id not consider replacing mine. house bound? do the park prs 20s as long as cost isnt a factor. yikes! this is the consomate shop stand with stability and clamping power to spare. there is none higher. none. zippo. nada. nuthin. zero.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,771 Posts
Ultimate Pro. Great stand.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
cactuscorn said:
not that its bad, mr bond, its just that the ultimate is so much better. trust me here.

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/s.nl/sc.21/category.60/it.A/id.2966/.f

ive used mine day in and day out since 1993 without issue, even with 40lb d/h bikes and that should tell ya somethin. now look at the legs and think stability. you be the judge.
I've had one of those things for a few years and you're certainly not the only one to tout the ultimatosityness.

Mine slips though. I work on dh bikes and they're too heavy for the rotating horizontal arm to stay in position. Is there another variety of ultimate stand out there that I don't know about? I know other guys with DH bikes reccomend these things.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
cactuscorn said:
not that its bad, mr bond, its just that the ultimate is so much better. trust me here.

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/s.nl/sc.21/category.60/it.A/id.2966/.f

ive used mine day in and day out since 1993 without issue, even with 40lb d/h bikes and that should tell ya somethin. now look at the legs and think stability. you be the judge.
Trust you? I barely know you. And then you play tricks. I click on the link to check out your legs and get some sort of a bike stand instead. Playing the part of the coy bond gurl eh?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anyone have a used Ultimate Pro for sale?

Looks like ultimate pro is it! Let me know if you have a used one for sale. They have this one for $135 at JensonUsa.
ULTIMATE BRS-80RT PRO REPAIR STAND
Any isights on where I might find it cheaper or is that a smokin' deal?

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
I've got the Pedro's folding stand. Funky, foldable, yellow and has bottle openers on all the QR clamps. Neat.

Too bad it dosen't hold my bike very well. The seatpost slips through the clamp. the bike rotates away from the stand (the seat post being the axis) and it has a slight tilt which encourages that rotation as well as in the handlebars. Did I mention it's tipy?

Make me an offer.:rolleyes:

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
not bad. but dont forget to ask yer lbs. im sure hed like yer biz and be real close to that price if hes a dealer. i paid 2 bills for mine but that was then and this is now. i think that might be a standard industry price for that stand these days but im not sure. maybe you can let everyone know what ya learn.

·
Registered
122 Posts
go Ultimate pro

FoShizzle said:
I am pretty happy with the Ultimate BRS-80RT Pro Repair Stand.
I just got mine today, thanks to my wonderful W who is fully supporting my bike habit, with tools, stands, and tolerance.
Go for the Ultimate pro, sturdy as hell, nice anodized finish, quick to break down and very portable. If you're lucky you can find one with free shipping and a free tote bag. I can't comment on the tool tray, but I will have one soon. cheers

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
cactuscorn said:
thats funny.... might be time to ask them for some help. that should never happen with the pro or the pro elite. cant speak for the others.
Mine's black.

Is that not the pro? I thought it was.

I know there's a red one, I'm guessing that's what I need?

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
I just rebuilt my early-90's Ultimate after Zilla's heavy bike broke it down in Moab (jk:D) and Ultimate's service was awesome! They sent me this rebuild kit for the clutch mech inside that helps it grip the seatpost, and now it's like new. Nice stand, and very light and portable too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
IdahoBiker said:
Looks like ultimate pro is it! Let me know if you have a used one for sale. They have this one for $135 at JensonUsa.
ULTIMATE BRS-80RT PRO REPAIR STAND
Any isights on where I might find it cheaper or is that a smokin' deal?
I'd say that is a good price, most of the time you can't beat Jenson's market price.

Code:
Mine's black.Is that not the pro? I thought it was.
I don't know if they have multiple colors, but mine is the pro, brs-80 and it's red

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ultimate here too

Very good stand. Had mine about 4 years or so, it gets used all the time, chucked in the bag and taken to races, left out in the rain and frost and still works fine. Nice red anno colour too :^)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I actually just got a Wrench Force all metal stand that's fairly inexpensive, super well built, has the Park bike shop style spring clamp for the seatpost and it holds the heavier bikes without any problems or flex. The other foldings tended to flex at the plastic 90 degree bend between the vertical post and clamp arm when wrenching on bottom brackets or whatever. I really like the all metal stand even though it's pretty heavy and not quite as portable.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Ultimate

I know this is not a bike topic but I have to say the Ultimate stand rules. I bought one 11 years ago and it is still hanging on. I have always been carefull with the clutch QR in the clamp head and am on the original. Amazing really after years in the trailer going to NORBA races in the late '90's, and now in my garage that I use all the time. Only failure was on the thumb screw for the handlebar stabilizer telescope so I put a stainless one in, that's it.

DT

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.