Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I'm looking to upgrade my platform pedals. I had a my feet slide out of position a number of times last season with trying different pairs of athletic shoes. I'm looking at blackspire pedals because they are made in Canada. But having a hard time determining which is best for path and XC. Any other Canadian made pedals are welcome as well. Ideally looking for green.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Blackspire makes some pretty good pedals, but like eb eluded to, try some different shoes. 5:10 makes some really good shoes for flat pedals. Personally, I use Teva Cranks. Bike specific shoes have small holes, some deeper than others, where the pins of the pedals would sit in so that you won't slip. Some skate shoes, like Vans, has holes at the bottom of the sole as well which would help. You can also check out RaceFace pedals which is a Canadian company and worth a look.

teva-crank_zpsaed2a072.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am looking at pedals with removeable studs so they can be replaced over time. I see some platforms give you the ability to adjust stud height as well. These are the shoes I used last year, my current pedals do not have studs and even small bumps in city riding found my feet sliding forwards and back.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts