Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were going to be staying in Buckeye for a couple months and was wondering which regional parks is best between White Tank, Estrella or Skyline. Looking for intermediate+ trails.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
FINS and the Pirate Trails are my personal favorites. If you're looking at trail maps, avoid MTB Project as basically none of the Pirate Trails show up on there (I believe big chunks of FINS are missing too). Use Trailforks. Lake Pleasant is also fun and not too far of a drive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lost Creek (go towards the NW area) and FINS are great, pirate trails good too. Don't do Skyline, unlike the rest mentioned skyline is not built for moutnian bikes by mountain bikers. (Skylines okay, and good for hard boring climbs).

·
Registered
386 Posts
Lost Creek (go towards the NW area) and FINS are great, pirate trails good too. Don't do Skyline, unlike the rest mentioned skyline is not built for moutnian bikes by mountain bikers. (Skylines okay, and good for hard boring climbs).
I rode the Skyline stuff once as well and couldn't quite figure out why they built the trails like they did. Even if designed for hiking they seemed unnecessarily steep?

My favorite loop out there is the Dead Head Pass/Ridge/Down Periscope/SOB loop. If you are into semi technical riding at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts