Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
161 - 180 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
As Christmas approaches, I'm planning to buy a GX AXS derailleur for myself. Completely unnecessary, nothing wrong with my current one, but I've heard and read so much about it, I just wanna see what it's like.

Which component(s) have you, or do you plan to splurge on? Something like that oil slick cassette, eeWings crankset or some other completely unnecessary and overpriced component!
Name a component that isn't overpriced.

·
Cycologist
9,139 Posts
Green Juicy Nipples for my SS. And I don't even carry sealant so not sure why I would remove my valve cores while out on the trail.

Ok, not that big of a splurge but kinda pricy for valve caps, something most of us throw away. I think I just like the name.

·
Professional Crastinator
6,354 Posts
I once bought purple anodized Nuke Proof carbon-wrapped hubs. Those suuuuuucked. They self-destructed. ROI=0

I did, however splurge on Hope Tech M4 brakes and I still have them and use them and they work great. I think they were ~$625/set when I got them - which is crAY-ZEE. My cheap self will never be able to get rid of them.

-F

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I want to splurge on some OneUp 35mm rise carbon bars, but I can't find it in stock so far. Not that they're really that overpriced, but it's still a luxury purchase for me.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I want to splurge on some OneUp 35mm rise carbon bars, but I can't find it in stock so far. Not that they're really that overpriced, but it's still a luxury purchase for me.
for carbon bars, they are definitely reasonable and supposedly offer a great ride. they are also on my list of upgrades.

i'm currently building up a new ti gravelX whip and you can say i went over the top on basically everything!

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
41,554 Posts
I did, however splurge on Hope Tech M4 brakes and I still have them and use them and they work great. I think they were ~$625/set when I got them - which is crAY-ZEE. My cheap self will never be able to get rid of them.

-F
I splurged on Hope Mini brakes back in the day. They were close to $500 and that’s some coin for brakes in 2002. They worked and still work flawlessly. Still mounted up on my old bike. Wish I could afford to splurge on new Hopes for my new bike to replace the great working XT’s.

·
Registered
50 Posts
[/Q
I just splurged on another goddamn Maxxis maxxgrip for the front... close to $100 every 12 weeks (or less) is not pleasant for this peasant.
How going thro in 1 year?

·
slow
7,367 Posts
I splurged on Hope Mini brakes back in the day. They were close to $500 and that’s some coin for brakes in 2002. They worked and still work flawlessly. Still mounted up on my old bike. Wish I could afford to splurge on new Hopes for my new bike to replace the great working XT’s.
Hit me up when you upgrade and I'd probably take those XTs off your hands.

·
All fat, all the time.
10,147 Posts
Yep they just work, and the best part is you can rebuild everything pretty easily too.

I had an older x2 or m4 can't remember, ordered new seals and Pistons, rebuilt caliper, good as new again.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 219 Posts