Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Rumbles one is a 05 and the other is a 07. I really dont need both and a friend want to get into mtn biking and i thought what a better way then on a Mountain Cycle. I remember someone saying there was a difference of the frames but not sure what it was. The 07 has a smaller seat tube then the 05. Hope this helps.
Mike G.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I cannot bring myself to part with the 'no longer functional' frames in my collection let alone give a good one away;)
I would 'loan' the 05 to your friend:D After all, it is for a good cause:thumbsup:

Dave

·
Registered
558 Posts
lv4sndz said:
Dave are you saying that the 07 is stronger then the 05??? Im actually selling the bike to a friend so i can hopfully get a Shockwave!!!!
I have a terrible memory.. What year did they re-design the seat stay / top tube area? If it has replaceable dropouts you should be good to go regardless of the year.

A Shockwave:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Now your talking!! No strength worries there, that thing is stronger than you, I and every other super human E-personality on this site put together;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
There was not really a production run for 2007. Seat tube specs: 2003-2005=30.9mm / 2006-2009=27.2mm. 2003 and 2004 both have different seat stay to seat tube design as well as different drops and hangers. 2005 was the start of removable dropouts. The 2008-2009 removes the canti (v-brake) option from the rear seat stays, offers 2 sizes of frames and a limited run of artist graphics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.