Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to replace my recon xc solo air on the SS.
faults with the recon; heavy, no lock out or comression adjust, IS mounts for the brake....m975 IS front disk brake.:madman:
currently running a Hope Pro 2 hub 9mm axle.....160mm rotor.....

Have to get the Hope IS to post mount adaptor to run currenbt brake on a post mount fork....this also means a larger rotor 160mm up to 180mm....I love the m975 brake

If I go with the Fox or Sid XX I need to convert the hub to 15mm...............

What's a man to do I love the Sid race on my other bike

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have Sid Team 100mm on my SS. I have a White Industries hub up front which can convert from 9mm to 15mm maxle, so my next fork will be 15mm. Having said that, I reckon the lockout is really important on a SS, as you're up and hauling alot. I reckon the SID's poplock in combination with the Blackbox Motion Control adjuster is the go.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have Sid Team 100mm on my SS. I have a White Industries hub up front which can convert from 9mm to 15mm maxle, so my next fork will be 15mm. Having said that, I reckon the lockout is really important on a SS, as you're up and hauling alot. I reckon the SID's poplock in combination with the Blackbox Motion Control adjuster is the go.
In addition to this rockshox XX forks come with "xloc" simple to use more reliable hydraulic lockout...60grams lighter for lockout weight weenies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts