Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Flight Junkie
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one of the Nano's were the good ones, the green stripe or the purple stripe? I think I heard reference to the pruple one being not so good (short life, weak sidewalls etc.) , was there a reason for this? Is WTB making any new Nano's ? Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
IBIKEAZ said:
Which one of the Nano's were the good ones, the green stripe or the purple stripe? I think I heard reference to the pruple one being not so good (short life, weak sidewalls etc.) , was there a reason for this? Is WTB making any new Nano's ? Thanks
Green.

You going back to tubes?

e

·
Flight Junkie
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, tubes it is. Tubeless now officially scares me until UST comes along for 29er's. I still love the Stan's rims though, super light a climb like crazy.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Green is what you want.
Folding Nano's are pretty consistent in weight, contrary to the wire bead ones, which vary over 200g between samples.

-Purple ones fail before first signs of war, even with tubes. 570-590g.
-Green ones seem to keep up for full race seasons, and although very much forbidden, are just fine with tubeless, at lest for those I heard that tried. 620-650g.

Green ones also seem to roll WAY faster, and grip much better. I never liked the wire or purple ones as a front tire on hardpack, but friends with the purple ones swear by it, and race them everywhere. Definately feels more like a performance tire to me, on the short goes I had on them.

Anyone seem them in stock somewhere?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Scott, try running Kenda Klaws. Not quite as wide as a Nano, but they *supposedly* work pretty well tubeless. I'm running fronts on both front and rear and so far, so good.

IBIKEAZ said:
Speedgoat and Webcyclery don't have them. Webcyclery says that WTB should be coming out with them again soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.