Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here it goes guys and gals. first a little about what i want to do with the bike. i am
5'10" and 205#. so the questions is which bike to get 575, nomad, enduro sx trail, I am planning to use it as a do it all bike. hence i am posting in the all mountain section. I will probably use it in aggressive xc trails, and freeride stunts more so than dh but if i do dh with it, it would be a light dh type of riding. no lifts. got a bike for that. just want a bike that i can ride xc with my girlfriend ( she likes to climb) and i like decending as fast as possible with out needing a fullface. other things that i would use it for is some log drops to flats and some small to med. hucking. thanks for any input!!!!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm 5'8" , 170lbs. and ride about the same way you describe. I grabbed up and SX Trail 4-5 months ago and love it. It's good for about every kind of riding you can do. climbable w/ the propedal and a blast on the descents.

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my girl has a trek fuel 100 so she can climb things pretty easy, do you think i can keep up with her?? she is a better climber then i am, i am just physicaly stronger she is determined and smart at climbing.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Give up on trying to beat her in climbing & suck it in. Check out a Versus Blitz II. You can build it as light as 32.2 poubds with a ProPedal rear shock & fork with wind down for thos up hill sessions. The Blitz II has needle bearings at all pivots with zerk fittings for maintainance. The bike will amaze you in how universall it is, you can even throw down some back flips if your in the mood.:cornut:

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
dogonfr said:
Give up on trying to beat her in climbing & suck it in. Check out a Versus Blitz II. You can build it as light as 32.2 poubds with a ProPedal rear shock & fork with wind down for thos up hill sessions. The Blitz II has needle bearings at all pivots with zerk fittings for maintainance. The bike will amaze you in how universall it is, you can even throw down some back flips if your in the mood.:cornut:
I agree, you're not going to catch her if she's got a Fuel and you're on a bike like you're describing, especially if she's really a better climber than you. Better climber + ligher bike = faster.

And I agree, get a Blitz II.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Your choices are good and the person that posted the blitz 2 is also noteworthy add to that the canfield balance and Giant Reign X. Go test ride what you like and try it out on the trails. Rent one locally or try Competitive Cyclery in Arkansas. $200 for a week. I personally have a Nomad and yes I love it. But we all love our new steeds, dont we!
Good luck. What ever you do get a Maverick SpeedBall. This thing is incredible. And some Syncros Magnisium Mental Flats they rock.
Thats my 2cents.
M.C.tigre

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.