Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is it, I have narrowed it down to these 3. I have rode the Reign 0, pretty good bike, really wasn't impressed with the rear suspension (soft, bottomed out real easy) Over all though it was a fun bike. Have not had the chance to ride either of the Specialized bikes. I currently own a Hardrock and I have beat the H*ll out of it so as far as the Specialized brand it seems to have earned it's mark with me. This is going to be the 1st FS bike purchase and the last for a while so if anybody can shed some light to help me out with this that would be great. Also any pics would be awesome as well. Thanks !!

·
Upgrade your life
313 Posts
NorwegianRepresentative said:
The pitch is a great way to save money but not quite up to par compared to the other 2 choices.

White fork is a pitch...

I would say the Pitch is On Par with the other 2 choices.

J

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah it's a tuff decision that's for sure. I think the way it is looking I will be going with a Specialized, which one Enduro or Pitch ? has yet to be decided. The $ difference I know will be the biggest factor in the decision. From what my LBS told me it would be about a 500.00 to 600.00 difference. that's big. I just want to make sure this next new bike is going to last and be worth the money.

·
Registered
224 Posts
JayDial said:

White fork is a pitch...

I would say the Pitch is On Par with the other 2 choices.

J
I am not suggesting that it is not a very capable bike. I myself considered purchasing one before deciding to go with the reign x instead. I only mean that the component group and frame material are not quite as good as you get with the enduro and reign.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was in the same boat six months ago, I took them for a spin & ended up buying the reign & i LOVE it. ( All Mountain Machine ) My advice would be test ride all three & see what bike is the one for you. I agree enduro & reign are better value than the pitch

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know the Reign has some better components than the Pitch and even the Enduro but there are just a few attention to details I like on the Enduor over the Reign and or the Pitch over the Reign. I wanted to test the Pitch at the Specialized demo ride they had in San Diego last weekend but unfortunately they do not bring that bike out to demo, it is not in there line up to do so. I should have went anyways to at least ride the ENduro. I feel that I am leaning more torwards the Enduro, I like the way it looks, like what it comes with and the thing looks like it can handle just about anything (I'm sure all 3 can for that matter) but I think I am willing to save for another month or 2 and purchase the Enduro.

·
Upgrade your life
313 Posts
NorwegianRepresentative said:
I am not suggesting that it is not a very capable bike. I myself considered purchasing one before deciding to go with the reign x instead. I only mean that the component group and frame material are not quite as good as you get with the enduro and reign.
I agree with you there sir. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to post that sweet video!

Later

J

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I have a 2011 Enduro Comp. I can't speak about those other bikes because I have never seen them much less ridden them.

I jokingly refer to my Enduro as the M1 Abrams Enduro because it is kind of heavy. On the other hand, it is absolutely solid, eats up trail obstacles that used to require picking a more delicate line, and climbs pretty well...at least I haven't noticed a lot of difference between it and my previous FSR XC Expert. But on the downhill sections nothing can touch that big front shock and tire.

I'm not a racer and don't even compete on an amateur level but I'm pretty dedicated and ride almost every day. I don't care that much about a few extra pounds and am more concerned about ruggedness and comfort.

That "X-wing" frame looks pretty cool, too.

·
Ride and Smile
736 Posts
Love the Enduro (have the 2011 s-works). Fork up the extra cash cause the ride is awesome! What is more expensive - A bike you love or a bike that is ok?
Haven't ridden the Reign but owned a 2010 Reign X and was not impressed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I totally think it depends on the bike that fits you the best and making sure that the shock is set up correctly. I did a ton of research and got a chance to ride the Enduro, Pitch, Reign, Reign X, and few others in the trail, all mountain, and freeride categories. I use my bike for just about everything from aggressive XC to light DH. Both of the Giant bicycles just rode a whole lot better to me and I ended up going with the 2010 Reign X. My second choice would have been the Reign. Both of the bikes felt just as good, if not better, than some of the more expensive brands that I ended up riding before my final decision. My Specialized fanboy buddy was all about his enduro when I let him ride my Reign X. He ended up purchasing a 2011 Reign X and loves it as well. To each his own as we are all built differently. A bike that rides better for me, might not ride better for everyone.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks a lot everyone. I agree with the last post, I know a lot has to do with how the bikes feels, rides and how it makes you feel while riding it. I have to admit when I did get the chance to test the Reign 0 it instilled much more confidence than my current ride. The Giant is a nice bike and it would definitely be a good choice but I think after all is said and done I will stick to my instinct and go with the brand that has been good to me over the past 5 years. I think I will save a little longer and splurge on the Enduro comp.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.