Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive been researching around here and at my lbs the last week to see what would be the best hard tail in my price range ive looked at these bikes and wanted to know which one of these u guys think is the best bang for my buck my only real requirements are weight & durability i plan to use use it for xc and my budget is around 1000usd

Speciliazed Stumjumper disc

Kona Cinder Cone ( a bit on the heavy side but my lbs would give me credit for the parts that are on this bike so i could purchase lighter)

Kona Kula ( a bit a steep in the pocket but nice)

Ibex trophy pro disc or 770 disc

Giant rainier

Cannondale Bad boy ultra

thanx in advance

·
Registered
454 Posts
1 vote for the Kula.

Break the piggy bank and go for the Kula! You'll never regret it after you ride it. I was able to deal a bit with my LBS. I would give a bit of bargaining a try. Some shops will deal others won't.

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
I saw a stumpjumper with a fox front fork

mgomez41 said:
Ive been researching around here and at my lbs the last week to see what would be the best hard tail in my price range ive looked at these bikes and wanted to know which one of these u guys think is the best bang for my buck my only real requirements are weight & durability i plan to use use it for xc and my budget is around 1000usd

Speciliazed Stumjumper disc

Kona Cinder Cone ( a bit on the heavy side but my lbs would give me credit for the parts that are on this bike so i could purchase lighter)

Kona Kula ( a bit a steep in the pocket but nice)

Ibex trophy pro disc or 770 disc

Giant rainier

Cannondale Bad boy ultra

thanx in advance
on sale at supergo in socal for $899.00 check out the AZ supergos, even when not on sale it is hard to beat specialized in the bang for the buck catagory

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.