Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 Enduro I've been riding a few years, and have liked the stock Marzochii MXC, but would like to upgrade to a 5' travel fork with a bit more adjustability. I'm primarily looking at getting a Z1 Drop-off 1 or another 'zochii Z1 or Manitou Sherman Firefly, and would like to hear any experiences any of you all have had with either of these forks on Enduros. I'm into aggressive trailriding and light freeriding. Here are the benefits I've come up with for each fork:

1. Z1 Drop-off: Marzochii performance, Preload & Rebound adjust, ETA, less $$ than sherman

2. Sherman Firefly: SPV, Rebound, Compression, and Preload adjust

Any other fork suggestions would be cool as well.

I'm also interested to hear if there have been any wierd geometry issues with either of these forks.

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
FOX Vanilla

I changed my 02 Pro to a FOX over a year ago, and never looked back..Vanilla RLC. Or, depending on your weight/riding style, you might want to get a Float Talas RLC.

Don't worry about the geometry, the bike was designed around a 5" fork. Just make sure your link is in the "steep" position, and you'll be a happy boy. You can get some smoking deals on 04 Fox's now, especially since the 05's are starting to trickle out....check Jenson.

And depending on how much adjustment you actually use, you can get the R or RL models for even less.

Hope this helps.

Eric

VTOL said:
I have an '02 Enduro I've been riding a few years, and have liked the stock Marzochii MXC, but would like to upgrade to a 5' travel fork with a bit more adjustability. I'm primarily looking at getting a Z1 Drop-off 1 or another 'zochii Z1 or Manitou Sherman Firefly, and would like to hear any experiences any of you all have had with either of these forks on Enduros. I'm into aggressive trailriding and light freeriding. Here are the benefits I've come up with for each fork:

1. Z1 Drop-off: Marzochii performance, Preload & Rebound adjust, ETA, less $$ than sherman

2. Sherman Firefly: SPV, Rebound, Compression, and Preload adjust

Any other fork suggestions would be cool as well.

I'm also interested to hear if there have been any wierd geometry issues with either of these forks.

Thanks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a Z150 on a '03 S-works Enduro

Installed a Z150 on mine and it seems fine. BTW what is the official wording on the fork length? The dealer I got mine from said as long as it isn't a dual crown then it should be OK. I have it set up on the 70.5 HA and it steers great. Has anyone else tried this long a fork?

Considering getting a shorter travel fork and putting the Z150 back on my Bullit.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Eta

Get something with ETA. I really like the rapid change opposed to the bikes I've tried with screw down or up knobs. I have 120mm MX Pro with ETA and feel the combo of ETA and the Itch switch are awesome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts