Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading quite a bit on this forum I think I might go the moto route despite some of the comments on here about assembly etc.

Can you guys tell me what you would choose? Im not up to speed on all the tech spec lingo.

I cant post links because I am new guy under 10 posts but I am looking at these models below. All are between $500-600 and I think they will do everything I want for riding. Im not discouraged by putting it together either. If you have another recommendation please feel free to chime in.

Thanks

2011 700HT
2010 Fantom HT Trail
2010 Fantom HT Comp

·
Registered
3,978 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, just about everything I pick is sold out. What a bummer..Does anyone know how often they restock ? Or does anyone know when the 2012's will be posted and how much over the 2011's they will run?

·
Registered
85 Posts
At 5'11", I think that 19" Gravity would work well for you. Looks like all the sizes are available in matte black, but I added the 19 to my cart just to make sure. Go for it, 29er's are the shiznit! You'll never go back.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I also have a dilemma.
I'm trying to decide between Gravity 29 Point 4 and Motobecane Phantom 29 X7.
They are within $50 difference with almost identical components but Gravity seems like a better deal especially with more aggressive stem that doesn't point upwards like the one on Moto lol .

Also, I'm 6'00" but looking at the geometries of both bikes I would be probably getting 17.5" Gravity or 17" Moto as compared to my specialized Hardrock 26er the standover on 17.5" 29ers is almost the same with the top tube length being very close as well.

what are your thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.