Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a light (under 7lbs) but tough full sus frame for all-day rides, please dont say heckler as i already have one which is great but i need a longer top-tube than the medium offers (22.5 inches) without having a seat-tube longer than 18"
which is the toughest: hustler, blur 4x or motolite?

·
Registered
238 Posts
look at the Banshee Pyre ...

very interesting geometry.
short seat tube for the frame size. shorter than any bike I know.
the M frame has 23" TT and 16" ST.

as to "tough", well, it's a Banshee ...

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
I like your line up. I guess it doesnt do much good though according to the responses so far? Anyway I ride a ML and if you get it your going to love it period. Check out the Titus boarde, there's some great action shots over there. That bike climbs like a dream and shreds on the descents where it can take loads of abuse. Also it absolutely assassinates singletrack.

Other than that the Blur 4x looks to be a very tough fun frame, but as a trail bike it might suffer a little, but I know that some love it for trails.

·
nerfherder
1,674 Posts
blackagness said:
Other than that the Blur 4x looks to be a very tough fun frame, but as a trail bike it might suffer a little, but I know that some love it for trails.
I'm one of the ones that love it for the trail. It's a great little ripper. Efficient yet slack enough to make you a little daring. And it seems pretty tough. No water bottle cage mount, though. Mine with a modest X9 trail build is under 30 lbs.

The ML seems like a great ride, too. Don't know anything about the hustler.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
As a trail bike the 4x is supreme. I rode it 21 miles the other day comfortably while railing corners and jumping off everything in sight. I plan on a 30 miler sometime in the next week.
The efficiency is utterly amazing. The cornering is incredible. It is wonderful in the technical sections. Mine weighs 29.5lbs. If you are an aggressive rider, look no further than the 4x. You will be amazed and delighted. I looked at the ML as well but decided the 4x would likely be more fun...and I am an SC guy anyway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Haven't ridden the others, but I have a motolite and it is incredibly efficient for 5" of travel. It feels light and flys. Other bikes with 5" of travel do seem better suited for gnarly riding ro downhill stuff though. Motolite seems to me to be an all mountain trail bike that's more toward the XC side of 'All Mountain', if you know what I mean. However, if that's what you ride you will love the motolite.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ventana El Ciclon

It's not on your list, but you should consider the Ventana El Ciclon. After considering some of the bikes on your list, I bought an El Saltamontes last year, which is similar to the El Ciclon but was originally designed to be 4" of travel (though I run mine at 5") while the Ciclon is designed to be 5", and I'm very pleased with it. The build quality and customer service of the Ventanas are fantastic. More importantly for you, perhaps, is you can get just the top tube and seat tube lengths you want, since Ventana can easily do a semi-custom for a reasonable additional charge. That's what I did - I wanted a medium seat tube but otherwise a large frame, and it fits and rides great!

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
on_the_edge said:
Haven't ridden the others, but I have a motolite and it is incredibly efficient for 5" of travel. It feels light and flys. Other bikes with 5" of travel do seem better suited for gnarly riding ro downhill stuff though. Motolite seems to me to be an all mountain trail bike that's more toward the XC side of 'All Mountain', if you know what I mean. However, if that's what you ride you will love the motolite.
How long have you had you ML there sunny!.... Why your sitting on a stick of DINAMITE! and don't even know it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
el ciclon would be great but if i were to get a ventana it would be a terremoto which is what i was waiting for really, but i've got a used ASX for heavier stuff for the moment
same with transition, i really would like to get a dirtbag, the covert also looks a bit steep for me with a fox 140 or a pike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.