Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I ordered a Scalpel Carbon 2 (US) a few months ago and finally got it in. The only problem with it was that it came with a Fox RLC Lefty instead of the spec'd SL w/DLR. My rep has already placed an order for a DLR but it won't get in until January so he gave me the go ahead to ride the bike as is until the new lefty shows up.

Thus came my problem, I like the way the RLC rides and love how adjustable it is. But the DLR is almost .5 lbs lighter. What would you all do? Which one is more reliable and in your all's opinions better.

I will be using this bike as a marathon race bike

Thanks and enjoy the riding.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I guess it depends if you're more of a racer, get the SL. If you're a trailrider keep the RLC.

That said, I'm a trailrider and my SL is really plush, and since I never touch the adjusters after initial setup I don't care for the RLC.

I only rode a RLC Lefty once and it was a bit more plush than my SL, but not worth the weight penalty IMO. I think if you ride different terrain all the time the RLC could have an advantage being more adjustable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.