Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the spx xc would suit me, but you can't get a fork with a large thru axle with this combo. With such a large purchase I don't wan't to regret not getting the stout front end. However the X9SRAM reviews aren't very inspiring; not to mention the incredibly large price difference of going custom over a complete kit. What do you think?
Thanks!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Looking at the two kits, the X9 AM kit has some really good features:
185mm rotors on the brakes
DT 5.1D rims (much stronger)
Kenda 2.35 Nevegals

Overall the AM kit is better suited for the capability of the BLUR LT. I de-$hitmanoed my bike a couple years ago for X9 and have never looked back. I had a problem and SRAM had a new rear to me in a heartbeat.

JCH

·
nerfherder
1,674 Posts
I have most of an X9AM build kit and am also very pleased with it. Love the shifters and rear mech. That said, the SPX XC looks pretty sweet, too. I don't think I could go back to XT trigger shifters unless they make them like the new XTR. I love shifting with my thumbs only. Otherwise, it's a pretty sweet build, but with an obvious emphasis towards being lighter weight.

Get the build that suits your needs the best. If you need a new wheel, just get a new hub and lace it up to your existing rim. Or see if the shop/SCB will work out a swap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate your input. There are some pretty good reviews on the 32 Tallas rlc; I suppose it will work well enough without the larger thru axel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.