Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Which Kind Shock models are good?

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  grimeygus 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Still haven't bought a Seat dropper yet. I'm still shopping around.

I understand Kind Shock Lev is one of the better ones. What other
Kind Shock models are good? I need a 27.2 mm.

Thanks

#2 ·
I believe the only other Kind Shock model that will fit is the Super Natural 272. Probably identical functionally to the Lev, but, weighs more. Kind Shock has an office in Cali in case there is any issues and will fix it pretty quickly after you ship it to them. This was a bonus for one of the Dropzones i owned. A bit sloppy out of the box and perfect a week later. Or, X Fusion Hilo has a 4in drop version which is also infinitely adjustable. Then you have Gravity Dropper which works with a spring and set adjustment points.

I have another Kind Shock Dropzone which works well and hasn't required any maintainance in the 2yrs i've owned it. I'm not really hard on my gear though and only get 1-2 rides a week. They (KS) don't make that in 27.2 any longer, so, i got a cheap Satori Sorata Pro from the 'bay and it works very well for the price. It uses notches and a spring to function similar to the Gravity Dropper line.

#3 ·
I believe the only other Kind Shock model that will fit is the Super Natural 272. Probably identical functionally to the Lev, but, weighs more. Kind Shock has an office in Cali in case there is any issues and will fix it pretty quickly after you ship it to them. This was a bonus for one of the Dropzones i owned. A bit sloppy out of the box and perfect a week later. Or, X Fusion Hilo has a 4in drop version which is also infinitely adjustable. Then you have Gravity Dropper which works with a spring and set adjustment points.

I have another Kind Shock Dropzone which works well and hasn't required any maintainance in the 2yrs i've owned it. I'm not really hard on my gear though and only get 1-2 rides a week. They (KS) don't make that in 27.2 any longer, so, i got a cheap Satori Sorata Pro from the 'bay and it works very well for the price. It uses notches and a spring to function similar to the Gravity Dropper line.
Thanks for the info Jet! So which one would you suggest? I'd like to keep the price to $250 and under.

#6 ·
I found the Kind Shock ExaForm 861 new on eBay which comes in the proper size; it's a hundred bucks cheaper than the others, but I'm not sure of the quality level.
I noticed this one on Ebay too which is why I started this thread!..lol. I'd like to know more about their models. I am curious about the ExaForm 861, does anyone have any experience using this model? Any good?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.