Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of hydros on ebay advertised as "New Juicy 7's". All they say on the caliper and lever is "Juicy". There isn't any sort of indication as to which model they are. Can anyone provide some insight? I couldn't find any kind of tech line on Sram's website.

I got the # etched on the front caplier:

I can snap a couple pics when I get home, but the lever and caliper are both silver and the actual brake lever and fluid cap are both carbon.

Thanks in advance.

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
They won't say which model number on the actual brake (i.e. 3,5 or 7). The ultimates should have it written on the master cylinder. If there's any carbon on them, they're not the 5's or 3's. If there's a red dial on top of the master cylinder, then it can be either the 7's or ultimates. Since you mentioned that it has carbon levers/covers, then i'd say they're the ultimates.....especially since you said they were "new". But then you should have easily seen that. The calipers and cylinders on the Ultimates are different.

Check your brakes again....are you sure they have carbon levers? Because you kinda contradict yourself in this statement:

I can snap a couple pics when I get home, but the lever and caliper are both silver and the actual brake lever and fluid cap are both carbon.
I suspect they're 7's.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ddraewwg said:
Check your brakes again....are you sure they have carbon levers? Because you kinda contradict yourself in this statement:

I suspect they're 7's.
Blah, yeah, multitasking when I was typing that. I meant the lever blade was carbon. I'm guessing they're 06 or 07 carbons.

Yes, they have the pad adjust dial.

Thanks for the replies. I'll post a pic tomorrow so we can all rest assured. :)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Those are Juicy Carbons. Some people call them Juicy 7 Carbons because they are the same as Juicy 7s with a carbon lever and reservoir cap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.