Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hisforever
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those in the know I wanted to ask which of the Hawaiian Islands has the best trails and why?

I know Maui was given a C rating by IMBA, or does that apply to the state as a whole?

Peace

·
~~~~~~~~
5,918 Posts
Hard to say, who has ridden all the trails on all the islands?
The C grade was for the whole state and the reason was lack of organization.
As you know we are trying to get "organized", just not in the way IMBA wants.

Which do you think is a better and more efficient way to manage trails?
A. Organize and work with the local land mangers, i.e. go official, and waste a lot of time that could be spent actually working on something worthwhile. Maybe even pay to access private lands.
B. Build wherever, whenever, whatever we want and hope nobody notices.

I pick B. thats one of things I like about mountain biking, no rules, creativity, adventure, hiding from the "law", you get the idea.

:D

·
Yes, that's fonetic
3,893 Posts
Although in spirit

airwreck said:
Hard to say, who has ridden all the trails on all the islands?
The C grade was for the whole state and the reason was lack of organization.
As you know we are trying to get "organized", just not in the way IMBA wants.

Which do you think is a better and more efficient way to manage trails?
A. Organize and work with the local land mangers, i.e. go official, and waste a lot of time that could be spent actually working on something worthwhile. Maybe even pay to access private lands.
B. Build wherever, whenever, whatever we want and hope nobody notices.

I pick B. thats one of things I like about mountain biking, no rules, creativity, adventure, hiding from the "law", you get the idea.

:D
I guess I'd pick B, though probably not expressed in such a cavalier fashion perhaps.
One must remember however, that when living by the philosophy of B, one must be prepared for the inevitability of closures and confrontations.

·
I Ride Bikes
1,755 Posts
Maui probably has the best overall trail in Makawao. The Pineapple Express. However the Big Island has the best EPIC ride. 45 miles of continuous scenic views. MANA ROAD!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts