Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
rider
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, which is better, Shimano saint rear hub or Novatec SS 2 sealed bearings, for
street or dirt jump? I am new to this activity and in need for help. tnx!!

·
rider
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tnx! I will try to save my money to buy this.
Where I come from, this is not something that i can buy in a store, online or otherwise :(

·
I Void Waranties
541 Posts
while it is a great SS hub that is easily serviced and coverted with a strong dealer support Id suggest you get something that is readily used in your region.

other to consider but not limited to are...

DT swiss
Chris King
Hadley.

Bang for buck, hope will still be my choice and get the ss version(no gears) as its stronger and has better engagement.

·
rider
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I will try to save money, but I need quick fix. So I am wondering can I use that shimano saint for street and dirt jump. Friend is going to sell me rear hub for peanuts (40 bucks) New!

·
I Void Waranties
541 Posts
adamns said:
well I will try to save money, but I need quick fix. So I am wondering can I use that shimano saint for street and dirt jump. Friend is going to sell me rear hub for peanuts (40 bucks) New!
sounds like a good deal but try before you buy as the older saint kit had compatibility problems. Service it at least twice a year and you should be good.

·
rider
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I know! Beside it`s weight that is second major flaw. Even newer high end hubs are all with this kind of mount. It is as if you are forced to use shimano parts exclusively with shimano! Something like Apple Mac. But in reality I know I can mix match different manufacturers. :p Thanks for word of advice nonetheless!!

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
No, newer hubs are a standard centerlock. First gen Saint hubs were oversized centerlock. You can only use Saint rotors. No other rotors are available in an oversized CL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts