Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Depends

How do you define fun? If it is roosting everybody on the uphills and then just getting by on the downhills then the Super will beat out the Heckler any day.
If it is a more all around bike meaning climbs great descends great then the Heckler will beat the Super, remember that the Super's original intention was a full on XC racing frame and the Heckler was a true trail bike.
If you are a lightweight that can get away with building the Heckler pretty lightweight you can get pretty close to the Super on the uphills but no matter what you do to the Super it will never match the Heckler on the downhills, the Heckler is just plain better on the downhills and it is not even close. So define what you want the bike for and then choose:thumbsup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 4X, huh?

The 4X has always intrigued me, but I just could not see the advantage that it had over the Heckler when it comes to typical trail riding. However, you seem sold it. How does it compare to the Heckler? Weight, travel, handling, etc?

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
It is lighter(6.1lbs for my polished large), faster(pedals waaay better in every aspect), and the quality of travel *seems* to be much better. Check my previous posts on the subject. I don't want to go on and on like I know I can. :) I rode a new Superlight yesterday and that thing pedals extremely well. The test ride was on a frozen lake, so I didn't get to climb it, corner it, or blast through technical stuff. Very nice though. Shoot, the new Heckler is beautiful. I suppose my point here is that the 4x is a very, very versatile bike. Great at everything. Two of my friends just bought one. One is sponsored by another company and the other really does not need another bike. They are getting one because of the ride. Very telling given one has a Cham and a Nomad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.